Sean Flanegan and Ed Platt in 2005
|Origin||San Francisco, United States|
|Genres||Neo-progressive rock, progressive rock, symphonic rock, progressive metal|
|Associated acts||Thought Chamber, Xen, The Wishing Tree|
|Past members||Paul Craddick
Michael "Benignus" Geimer
|This section requires expansion. (February 2009)|
Enchant's origins reach back to the end of the 1980s when the band was known as Mae Dae. Shortly after this, the band changed their name to Enchant, which marked the actual launch when Steve Rothery became aware of this new band; he helped produce A Blueprint of the World in England in 1993, and he also joined in as a guest musician. The rights for this debut album had previously secured a small German label. In the same year the first tour on Europe followed. This album was later re-released with an extended booklet and a second disc with demos from their first album.
Wounded (1996) helped them to allure many new fans. Time Lost (1997) was released for a tour with Dream Theater. It had four new tracks and previously unreleased material. Break (1998) was promoted live on stage with Spock's Beard and later with Marillion. These albums marked a change from their first album.
Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10 was released in 2000, marking the end of two of its band members, who left after the album was finished. Blink of an Eye and Tug of War reinforced the bands status as a serious band. These albums also have opened the band's road for touring in Germany together with Spock's Beard and the California Guitar Trio. Their live album, Live at Last was released as a double CD and a double DVD set also, with over 20 songs sung live since their inclusion in 1993.
In February 2012, Ed Platt announced a new album for a late 2012/early 2013 release.
Since 2013, Enchant has been in the studio finishing up on their long awaited album, expected to be released sometime in 2014.
- Current members
- Doug Ott – guitar (1989-present)
- Ed Platt – bass guitar (1989-present)
- Ted Leonard – vocals, guitar (1989-present)
- Sean Flanegan – drums (2002-present)
- Bill Jenkins – keyboards (2003-present)
- Former members
- Paul Craddick - drums, keyboards (1989-2002)
- Mike "Benignus" Geimer - keyboards (1989-2000)
- Phil Bennett - keyboards (2000-2002)
- A Blueprint of the World (1993)
- Wounded (1996)
- Time Lost (1997)
- Break (1998)
- Juggling 9 Or Dropping 10 (2000)
- Blink of an Eye (2002)
- Tug of War (2003)
- Live at Last (2004)
- Live At Last (2004)
- "ENCHANT - official site". www.enchantband.com. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Enchant". myspace.com. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "allmusic ((( Enchant > Overview )))". www.allmusic.com. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Enchant Discography at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- Encyclopaedia Metallum page