Enchanted Island (film)
1958 US Theatrical Poster
|Directed by||Allan Dwan|
|Written by||James Leicester|
|Release dates||November 8, 1958|
|Running time||94 min|
Enchanted Island is a 1958 adventure film distributed by Warner Bros. It was directed by Allan Dwan, produced by Benedict Bogeaus and written by Harold Jacob Smith, James Leicester and Al Stillman. The title song, "Enchanted Island", written by Stillman and Robert Allen, was performed on the soundtrack by The Four Lads, who had a hit recording of the song on Columbia Records. This film started out as an RKO movie, but when RKO when bankrupt, this film was released by Warner Bros. Pictures.
This was the final film directed by Dwan, whose prolific career dated back to 1913.
Two 19th-century sailors jump ship only to discover their tropical paradise is a cannibal stronghold.
- Dana Andrews as Abner 'Ab' Bedford
- Jane Powell as Fayaway
- Don Dubbins as Tom
- Arthur Shields as James 'Jimmy' Dooley
- Ted de Corsia as Capt. Vangs
- Friedrich von Ledebur as Mehevi
- Enchanted Island at the Internet Movie Database
- Enchanted Island at allmovie
- Enchanted Island at the TCM Movie Database
- Enchanted Island at the British Film Institute's Film and TV Database
|This article about an adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|