|Written by||John Augustine
|Directed by||Sheldon Epps
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (2 unaired)|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Grub Street Productions
|Original run||September 22, 1998– January 20, 1999|
Encore! Encore! is an American sitcom starring Nathan Lane as an opera singer. On the verge of becoming "The Fourth Tenor", Lane's character injures his vocal cords and must move in with his family, who run a vineyard in Northern California. The series premiered on NBC on September 22, 1998.
Encore! Encore! struggled in the ratings from the start. After its fourth episode aired on October 27, 1998, NBC put the series on hiatus for two months. Thirteen episodes were ordered but the series was cancelled at midseason with two episodes left unaired. The final network episode aired on January 20, 1999. All 13 episodes later ran on Bravo.
- Nathan Lane as Joseph Pinoni
- Joan Plowright as Marie Pinoni
- Glenne Headly as Franceseca Pinoni
- Trevor Fehrman as Michael Pinoni
- Ernie Sabella as Leo Wodecki
- James Patrick Stuart as Claude Bertrand
A New York Observer review described the show as "the 'Moose Murders' of sitcoms -- it won't be here past Halloween, but the recollection of its awfulness will give you untold delight for years to come." Strangely enough, the New York Times gave a very positive review to the show's debut, as well as to another short-lived show, The Hughleys.
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. p. 364. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.
- Rutenberg, Jim (2003-09-21). "Hunting for a Sitcom Hit Among the Misses". The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-02-25.
- Encore! Encore! at the Internet Movie Database
- Encore! Encore! at TV.com
- Encore! Encore! at epguides.com
|This comedy television series-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|