End of the Line (2007 film)
|End of the Line|
|Directed by||Maurice Devereaux|
|Produced by||Maurice Devereaux|
|Written by||Maurice Devereaux|
|Music by||Martin Gauthier|
|Edited by||Maurice Devereaux|
|Distributed by||Anchor Bay Entertainment|
|Running time||95 minutes|
The film opens with Karen (Ilona Elkin), a traumatised woman, having a horrific nightmare involving a subway train. The flashback narrative plot follows her trapped in a subway. A Christian doomsday cult, which has been consuming and distributing hallucinogen-laced muffins that make people see visions of demons. On a texted signal, they take over services and begins massacring non-believers throughout the city, believing it is their mission to "save" the souls of humanity for God, which can only be accomplished by killing people with swords and daggers. A group of surviving train passengers and subway workers try to fight off and escape the cultists, but die one by one, leaving only Karen and two other people alive when the cultists are signaled to commit a mass suicide.
- Ilona Elkin as Karen
- Nicolas Wright as Mike
- Neil Napier as Neil
- Emily Shelton as Julie
- Tim Rozon as John
- Nina Fillis as Sarah
- Joan McBride as Betty
- Danny Blanco Hall as Davis
- John Vamvas as Frankie
- Robin Wilcock as Patrick
The soundtrack composed by Martin Gauthier was released on July 20, 2010, by 2m1 Records.
The film debuted in limited release, but it garnered mostly favorable reviews from the few critics who saw it. The Village Voice called it "scary as hell and impressively unrelenting." C. Robert Cargill from Ain't It Cool praised it as a "truly inspired original effort," noting its modest budget and its daring, unusual premise. The film also won prizes at several festivals including Fantastic Fest's Special Jury Prize.
- "End of the Line". The New York Times.
- "End of the Line (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)," track-list. 2m1Records.com, Official Site.
- Ridley, Jim (2007-12-25). "10 Movies in 2007 That Deserved More Attention." VillageVoice.com. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- Massawyrm (C. Robert Cargill) (2007-11-19). "Massawyrm's Fantastic Fest Must Sees (Part 1)." AintItCool.com. Retrieved 2013-02-09.
- Kernion, Jette (2007-09-30). "'Timecrimes' Tops Fantastic Fest Awards." Moviefone.com. Retrieved 2013-01-08
- Urban, Andrew L. (2009-06-02) "End of the Line: DVD." UrbanCinefile.com. Retrieved 2013-01-08.