|Single by Inna|
|from the album I Am the Club Rocker|
|Released||25 November 2011|
|Recorded||2011; Play & Win Studios, Bucharest, Romania|
|Length||3:14 (Original Mix)
3:00 (Radio Edit)
|Label||Roton, Universal, Ultra|
|Writer(s)||Sebastian Barac, Marcel Botezan, Radu Bolfea|
|Producer(s)||Play & Win|
|Inna singles chronology|
"Endless" is the title of a song by Romanian recording artist Inna. It was released in November 2011 as the fourth single from her second studio album, I Am the Club Rocker. The song was written and produced by Inna's long time producers and managers Play & Win (on their real names Sebastian Barac, Marcel Botezan, Radu Bolfea). Inna uploaded the song on her YouTube channel two weeks prior the album's release, along with an internet video to "Put Your Hands Up" and "WOW". Upon it release, it was named a highlight off the record. It is a love song and Inna is questioning her love interest "Can you bring the sun in my life?" during the chorus. On Facebook, the artist asked her fans which should be her next single. At the polls, over 10,000 fans out of 15,000 elected "Endless" as the future single (more than 75% of the total).
"Endless" was written, produced and arranged by Sebastian Barac, Marcel Botezan, Radu Bolfea, Inna's long-time producers who identify themselves as Play & Win. The track was recorded at the Play & Win Studios in Bucharest, Romania and musically arranged in Constanţa (Inna's hometown). It is a love song which features downbeat features (the first time Inna releases such a song). It combines elements of euro-NRG, Europop and dance-pop. Inna uploaded the track on YouTube two weeks prior the album's release date, on 5 September 2011. There, it has gathered over 300,000 views as of October 2011. On 23 September 2011 Inna asked her fans on Facebook which track should be promoted as her fourth single off I Am the Club Rocker. Since the first hours, "Endless" acted like the fans' favorite song. As of October 2011, more than 4,000 out of 6000 fans elected "Endless" as the hit-to-be single. On 22 November 2011 it was announced that "Endless" is the fourth single from I Am the Club Rocker. The single version differs from the album version and features additional beats and lyrically a changed first verse.
A 30 second sample of the song, where Inna sings the intro and the bridge of the composition, into the chorus. This part was highlighted by critics as different that any other Inna song, both lyrically and musically.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
The song is set in a common time of 12/8 (quadruple) and Inna's voice spawns one octave. It has a moderate tempo at 128 beats per minute. The song speaks about a failing relationship. Inna sings that she's "going going down" and dreaming of a "better place". She then describes how she is fated to start her life all over again as she sings "As the world turns round and round/Starting's always in my fate". Despite this, in the bridge, Inna confesses to her lover she still loves him even when he is distant from her: "Sometimes you go away/A million miles away/Sometimes you don't know where/Don't worry, I'll be there". In the chorus, Inna asks him "Can you bring the sun in my life?", seemingly asking if he can love her in a healthy and nourishing way. She wonders if she will "ever love again" after the intensity of the relationship, and she hopes than he will "be a better man" with his future partner. Into/ verse/ pre chorus/ chorus/ end
A music video for the song was filmed in early November 2011. Its teaser premiered on Inna's official YouTube channel and via Facebook on 22 November. It is an anti-domestic violence video that comes to empower women to stand up against violence and husbands with alcoholic issues. The teaser for the video states "There are moments in your life/ When You Feel That No One Cares/ Sometimes, you feel like screaming out loud/ But you’re afraid/ Your voice matters!/ No violence!/ No endless pain!" Inna also uses the phrase "Bring The Sun In My Life" to promote this video and the campaign. The full length video premiered on YouTube at 0:00 GMT+1 (Romanian time). It shows Inna singing calmly while her partner is verbally abusing her in the background. Images of the two in bed together in happier times are intercut with Inna singing against a sunrise, and also singing while he sleeps, seemingly thinking about ending the relationship. Toward the end of the video the couple are shown arguing and her violent partner grabs her forcefully. After what appears to be a scene of abuse, Inna rejects his attempt at minimising what happened and reconciling. He takes this as his cue to leave, suggesting that Inna has ended the relationship.
Upon its single release, it debuted at the Russian Music Charts at number 255 on 7 November 2011 and reached number 180. After its official airplay and video release on 25 November 2011, "Endless" quickly reached the Romanian Top 100, debuting at number ninety-four on 11 December 2011. The song peaked at number five on 12 February 2012, becoming Inna's sixth top ten single in Romania as well as her first in over one year.
Credits and personnel
- Endless (Official Remixes)
- "Endless (Play & Win Radio Edit Version)" - 3:14
- "Endless (Play & Win Extended Version)" - 5:05
- "Endless (UK Radio Edit Version)" - 2:26
- "Endless (Pulphouse Remix)" - 4:50
- "Endless (Audiodish Remix)" - 5:54
- "Endless (Diakar Remix)" - 4:00
- "Endless (DJ Turtle & Beenie Becker Remix)" - 4:33
- "Endless (Pat Farell Remix)" - 5:31
- "Endless (Phonk d'or Remix)" - 4:26
- "Endless (Pulserockers Remix)" - 5:04
- "Endless (Slickers Remix)" - 4:06
- "Endless (Speak One Reworked Radio Edit)" - 3:28
- "Endless (Speak One Reworked Club Remix)" - 5:30
- "Endless (The Thin Red Men Radio Edit)" - 3:30
- "Endless (The Thin Red Men Club Remix)" - 5:30
- "Endless (Yvan Kay Next Gen Radio Edit)" - 3:56
- "Endless (Yvan Kay Next Gen Club Remix)" - 4:56
- "Endless (Yvan Kay Factory Remix)" - 4:54
- "Endless (Yvan Kay The Rock Rules Remix)" - 3:37
- "Endless (Tony Zampa Remix)" - 6:31
- "Endless (Tony Zampa Tools Remix)" - 6:05
- "Endless (Timmy Rise & Barrington Lawrence Remix)" - 5:59
- "Endless (Ramy BlaZin Radio Edit)" - 4:17
- "Endless (Ramy BlaZin Club Remix)" - 6:44
- "Endless (Adrian Sina Remix)" - 5:41
- "Endless (LuKone Radio Edit)" - 3:36
- "Endless (LuKone Club Remix)" - 6:15
- "Endless (JRMX Radio Edit)" - 3:37
- "Endless (JRMX Club Remix)" - 6:42
- "Endless (Ersin Shen & Oleg Bondar Remix)" - 5:01
- "Endless (Dandeej Remix)" - 7:28
- "Endless (Snatt & Vix Radio Edit)" - 3:34
- "Endless (Snatt & Vix Club Remix)" - 7:28
- "Endless (Victor Magan Remix)" - 3:17
- "Endless (Cahill Radio Edit)" - 3:07
- "Endless (Cahill Club Remix)" - 6:38
- "Endless (Hi Def Radio Edit)" - 3:05
- "Endless (Hi Def Club Remix)" - 5:52
- "Endless (Liam Keegan Radio Edit)" - 3:00
- "Endless (Liam Keegan Club Remix)" - 6:09
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||22|
|Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100)||51|
|Romania (Romanian Top 100)||5|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||9|
|Turkey (Number One Chart)||93|
|Romania||November 25, 2011||Digital download||Roton Romania|
|United Kingdom||8 July 2012||Digital download||3 Beat Records|
- IATCR! AVAILABLE
- Listen to Inna's newest track
- Inna questions
- Inna releases a new song off "I Am the Club Rocker"
- "VIDEO Inna a lansat videoclipul la cel mai nou single, "Endless". Cum ţi se pare?". Click!. November 25, 2011. Retrieved November 25, 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Inna – Endless" (in French). Ultratip.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Czech). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiální. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201202 into search.
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201215 into search.
- "Digital Singles Charts - Turkey". Number One Top 20. Archived from the original on 2 May 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2012.