|Traded as||NASDAQ: ENDP
S&P 500 Component
Endo International plc is global specialty healthcare company focused on improving patients' lives while creating shareholder value. It was created as a result of a management buyout from DuPont Merck in 1997. Three DuPont Merck executives (Carol A. Ammon, Chairman, President & CEO, and Mariann T. MacDonald, Executive Vice President, Operations, along with another colleague) purchased all of Endo Laboratories L.L.C.'s generic products along with 12 important brand products, including Percocet, Percodan, and Opana. The new company was called "Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc."
Endo acquired Algos Pharmaceutical Corporation through a merger in July 2000 and began to trade publicly (NASDAQ: ENDP). Endo successfully completed a secondary offering for a total of 12,925,000 shares of its common stock in Oct 2001. The net proceeds were used to pay existing bank debt.
On February 28, 2014, Endo completed its acquisition of Paladin Labs, a leading Canada-based specialty pharmaceutical company. Endo and Paladin Labs came together under Endo International plc and Endo established new global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
Endo develops, manufactures, markets and distributes quality branded pharmaceutical, generic and device products though its operating companies. The company has global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and U.S. headquarters in Malvern, PA.
- Chief executive officer: Rajiv De Silva (as of March 2013)
- Chief financial officer: Suketu "Suky" Upadhyay (as of Sept. 2013)
- Amantadine (Symmetrel)
- Carbidopa with levodopa (Carbidopa/Levodopa USP)
- Frovatriptan (Frova)
- Hydrocodone with acetaminophen (Zydone)
- Hydrocodone with homatropine (Hycodan)
- Lidocaine (Lidoderm)
- Lidocaine with tetracaine (Synera)
- Molindone (Moban)
- Oxycodone with acetaminophen (Percocet, Endocet)
- Oxycodone with aspirin (Percodan)
- Oxymorphone (Opana)
Endo Pharmaceuticals once had the United States marketing rights for the FDA-approved Synera anesthetic patch for needle procedures. The agreement of 6 January 2006 for Endo Pharmaceuticals to market Synera (lidocaine plus tetracaine patch) was terminated on 31 July 2008. Endo is no longer involved with the Synera patch in the United States. Zars Pharmaceuticals was the patent holder for Synera. The rights to Synera passed to Nuvo Research of Canada in May 2011 upon the acquisition of ZARS Pharmaceuticals by Nuvo Research. Upon its purchase of Paladin Labs of Montreal, Endo once again became involved with the Synera patch by acquiring the rights to market Synera in Canada upon the approval of the Synera patch by Health Canada.
On November 4, 2010, Endo acquired Penwest Pharmaceuticals.
On December 1, 2010, Endo acquired generics company, Qualitest Pharmaceuticals.
On June 20, 2011, Endo acquired medical device company, American Medical Systems Inc (AMS).
On February 3, 2014, Endo successfully completed its acquisition of specialty generics company Boca Pharmacal.
In November 2013, Endo agreed to purchase Paladin Labs Inc for approximately $1.6 billion, in order to gain access to the Canadian market as well as expand into emerging markets. The acquisition was finalized February, 2014.
On July 24, 2014, Endo completed its acquisition of Grupo Farmaceutico Somar® (SOMAR), a leading, privately owned specialty pharmaceuticals company based in Mexico City.
On August 6, 2014, Endo completed its acquisition of DAVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a privately held company specializing in generic pharmaceuticals.
- Staff (2006-12-06). "Endo Health Solutions Inc.". Delaware News Journal. Retrieved 2006-12-06.[dead link]
- "Product Listing". Endo Pharmaceuticals. 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-06.
- Bloomberg (2013-11-04). "Endo to buy Paladin labs". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- Associated Press (2009-01-06). "Endo to buy Indevus". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2009-06-28.
- "Endo to Purchase NuPahte for $150M+". News: Industry Watch. Gen. Eng. Biotechnol. News (PAPER) 34 (2). January 15, 2014. p. 10.
- "Teva Outbids Endo, Acquires NuPathe for $144M+". News: Industry Watch. Gen. Eng. Biotechnol. News (paper) 34 (4). February 15, 2014. p. 10.
- "Corporate Officers". Endo Pharmaceuticals. 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-15.