Enemy Lines: Rebel Dream
|Cover artist||David Seeley|
|Series||The New Jedi Order|
|1 April 2002|
|Preceded by||Dark Journey|
|Followed by||Enemy Lines: Rebel Stand|
Enemy Lines: Rebel Dream (also released as Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream) is the eleventh installment of the New Jedi Order series, set in the Star Wars universe. It is the first novel in a two-part story by Aaron Allston; the sequel is Enemy Lines: Rebel Stand. It was published in March 2002.
Following the Yuuzhan Vong's capture of Coruscant, General Wedge Antilles, leading New Republic Fleet Group Two, successfully capture and intend to hold the Vong-held world of Borleias. This becomes convenient for the New Republic Senators, under unofficial leadership from Councilor Pwoe, to gather up their resources in order to find a new capital for the Republic. Later, after the actions they took within the Hapes Consortium, Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, and Jagged Fel become part of the occupation force of Borleias, and Jaina and Jag begin to develop a romantic relationship as a result of their time together fighting the Vong in the solar system. As the fighting in the Borleias system increases, it attracts the expertise of Supreme Commander Czulkang Lah, father of Warmaster Tsavong Lah, who soon becomes Wedge Antilles's enemy in the occupation of Borleias.
Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker senses a dark presence on Yuuzhan Vong-held Coruscant that has nothing to do with the Vong themselves. So he organizes a strike team consisting of himself, his wife Mara, Tahiri Veila, and Wraith Squadron in order to infiltrate Coruscant and then find and eliminate the dark presence there. With help from Lando Calrissian, they successfully arrive on Coruscant to begin their mission.
At Coruscant, treacherous New Republic Senator Viqi Shesh is scheduled to be executed, since her usefulness in helping the Vong in their invasion is gone. However, Shesh makes up a lie that allows her to live when she says that the shapers that grafted Tsavong Lah's artificial arm had intentionally set it to rot; the purpose of this is to force him to secretly do their bidding, or he would become a Shamed One. Lah looks into this with the help of Master Shaper Nen Yim, and finds strong evidence that there is indeed such a conspiracy forming against him.
Meanwhile, Viqi Shesh herself is controlling an innocent holocam operator named Tam Elgrin, working as a civilian assistant on Borleias, via a Yuuzhan Vong implant. At the end of the novel, Tam is able to overcome his conditioning, even when it nearly costs him his life, just before the New Republic launch into another engagement against the Vong. This engagement incorporates a tactic from the once-great Galactic Empire that forces the Vong to go into a temporary tactical retreat.
||This article may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (April 2009)|
- Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male human)
- Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Master (female human)
- Jaina Solo; Jedi Knight (female human)
- Kyp Durron; Jedi Master (male human)
- Corran Horn; Jedi Knight (male human)
- Tahiri Veila; Jedi student (female human)
- Alema Rar; Jedi Knight (female Twi'lek)
With the New Republic Military
- General Wedge Antilles (male human)
- Lando Calrissian; merchant (male human)
- Colonel Tycho Celchu (male human)
- Commander Eldo Davip; captain Lusankya (male human)
- Colonel Gavin Darklighter; Rogue Squadron leader (male human)
- Captain Kral Nevil; Rogue Squadron pilot (male Quarren)
- Captain Garik "the Face" Loran; Wraith Squadron leader (male human)
- Captain Yakown Reth; Blackmoon Squadron leader (male human)
- Iella Wessiri Antilles; Intelligence Director (female human)
- Jagged Fel; Twin Suns Squadron pilot (male human)
- Voort "Piggy" saBinring; Twin Suns Squadron pilot (male Gamorrean)
- YVH 1-1A (masculine droid)
- Danni Quee; scientist (female human)
- Wolam Tser; holodocumentarian (male human)
- Tam Elgrin; holocam operator (male human)
With the Yuuzhan Vong
- Tsavong Lah; warmaster (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Czulkang Lah; commander (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Viqi Shesh; former senator (female human)
- Maal Lah; commander (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Denua Ku; warrior (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Wyrpuuk Cha; commander (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Kadlah Cha; warrior (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Takhaff Uul; priest (male Yuuzhan Vong)
- Ghithra Dal; shaper (male Yuuzhan Vong)
The New Jedi Order: Rebel Dream reached 7 on the New York Times bestseller list on April 14, 2002.
- "Paperback Best Sellers: April 14, 2002". New York Times. April 14, 2002. Retrieved 2015-04-01.