Energy in Luxembourg
Energy in Luxembourg describes energy and electricity production, consumption and import in Luxembourg. Energy policy of Luxembourg will describe the politics of Luxembourg related to energy more in detail. Electricity sector in Luxembourg is the main article of electricity in Luxembourg.
Luxembourg is net energy importer. Primary energy use in Luxembourg was 48 TWh in 2009, or 98 TWh per million inhabitants.
|Energy in Luxembourg|
|Change 2004-09||11.1 %||-16.8 %||57.1 %||-8.6 %||-3.8 %||-11.4 %|
|Mtoe = 11.63 TWh, Prim. energy includes energy losses|
There was no decline in the climate change gas emissions (CO2) from year 2008 to 2012 in Luxembourg. There was no better efficiency in the use of electricity from 2008 to 2012.
In 2008, electricity use per person in Luxembourg was 2.6 times greater than in the United Kingdom.
At the end of 2010 the installed capacity of wind power covered on average 1.1% of electricity use. Which is among the lowest in Europe, only Latvia, Czech Republic, Finland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Malta generate a smaller share of their electricity from wind power. In comparison Ireland can generate over half of its electricity from wind power under optimal wind conditions in 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Luxembourg .|
- IEA Key energy statistics 2010 Page: Country specific indicator numbers from page 48
- IEA Key World Energy Statistics Statistics 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006 IEA October, crude oil p.11, coal p. 13 gas p. 15
- EU Energy Policy to 2050 EWEA March 2011
- Wind in power 2010 European statistics EWEA February 2011 pages 4 and 11
- Energy in Sweden 2010, Table 1: Emissions of carbon dioxide in total, per capita and per GDP in EU and OECD countries, 2007
- Wind energy and EU climate policy Achieving 30% lower emissions by 2020 EWEA October 2011 p. 39