Engine Sentai Go-onger vs. Gekiranger
|Engine Sentai Go-onger vs. Gekiranger|
|Japanese||劇場版 炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー VS ゲキレンジャー|
|Hepburn||Gekijōban Enjin Sentai Gōonjā tai Gekirenjā|
|Directed by||Satoshi Morota|
|Produced by||Hajime Sasaki
|Written by||Junko Kōmura
|Music by||Megumi Ōhashi
|Editing by||Ren Sato|
|Distributed by||Saburo Yatsude
Toei Co. Ltd
|Running time||57 minutes|
Engine Sentai Go-onger vs. Gekiranger the Movie (劇場版 炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー VS ゲキレンジャー Gekijōban Enjin Sentai Gōonjā tai Gekirenjā ) is the second film adaptation of the 2008 Japanese Super Sentai series Engine Sentai Go-onger. Initially planned to be a V-Cinema release on DVD March 21, 2009, it was announced on December 7, 2008, that it would be released to Japanese theaters on January 24, 2009, to commemorate the fifteenth entry in the Super Sentai VS Series. The film features a team up between the characters of both Engine Sentai Go-onger and its predecessor Juken Sentai Gekiranger. This is the first time that any Super Sentai series has had a film beyond the double-feature with the Kamen Rider Series film during the summer. In its first weekend of release, the film opened at #3 in Japanese box offices and earned the equivalent of US$964,079, showing on 292 screens.
The story begins when Geki Red battles Nunchaku Banki after returning from his trip around the world for Natsume's birthday, with Geki Yellow and Geki Blue arriving to provide backup. After sending the Gekirangers into another dimension, the Go-ongers arrive before the Savage Machine Beast departs after his quarry. After clearing a misunderstanding with Geki Violet and Geki Chopper, the two bring them to SCRTC to see Master Xia Fu, with Hant revealing he met Miki at one of his past jobs at the Kyoryuya Curry Shop. After taking Xia Fu to the site, realizing the Gaiark are after Dōkokugan, he opens the path for them to follow as the Gekirangers are overwhelmed by Nunchaku Banki, who demands the sealed Long from Jyan. After the Gekirangers' reunion and meeting the Go-ongers, they take out the Ugats and overwhelm Nunchaku Banki. In retaliation, he steals the Engine Souls as the Pollution Ministers arrive with the mastermind of their scheme, Meka, who reveals himself as the last of Rinjū Hall's fighters. Using the Engine Souls as his hostages, Meka tricks Jyan in giving up the Dōkokugan to save the Engine Souls before sending the Rangers back to their world. As Meka pounds the Dōkokugan into an Engine Soul that is implanted into Nunchaku Banki, the Gekirangers attempt to teach the Go-ongers the ways of the Gekijūken style. Nunchaku Banki arrives to test his new-found power with Meka overseeing it to take in the suffering. The Go-on Wings arrive to take the two trouble makers out of the city before fighting them with what they learned from Gorie.
Although he was unable to endure Jyan's teachings, Go-on Red runs to Hiroto and Miu's aid as he battles Nunchaku Banki and gets Speedor back with his newly acquired Engine Ken. After mastering their own Engine Ken style, the other Go-ongers arrive to support Go-on Red and Geki Red while getting back their Engine Souls. After scrapping Nunchaku Banki, the Pollution Ministers retreat to have Meka fend for himself. However, Long breaks from his seal, discarding his robot vessel with intent to get his revenge to be completely free. However, the Go-on Wings arrive with the resurrected Rio and Mele to turn the tables as Long converts Nunchaku Banki into a new form for him in inhabit, Long Banki. While the reds and Rio battle Long Banki, Mere and the Go-on Wings deal with Meka before the teams use a Super-Super Special combo on them. Although Meka is destroyed, Long Banki enlarges with Engine-Oh G9 and Geki Rin Tohja Wolf fighting him; Bae would return all the way from India to give commentary. Although the teams are initially overpowered by the immortal, Engine-Oh G12 and Saidai Geki Rin Tohja are formed and manage to destroy Long Banki with Long resealed. After giving the Dōkokugan back to Jyan, Rio and Mele depart for purgatory, with Rio telling Jyan he hasn't forgotten his promise. The movie ends with both teams throwing a birthday party for Natsume later that night.
New characters for the film are Rin Jū Tortoise-Ken Meka (臨獣トータス拳メカ Rinjū Tōtasuken Meka ), an engineer and last surviving Beast-Man of the Rin Jū Hall, and Barbaric Machine Beast Nunchaku Banki (蛮機獣ヌンチャクバンキ Bankijū Nunchaku Banki ), a Barbaric Machine Beast created by Meka who has the powers of the Akugata and the Gaiark.
- Sōsuke Esumi: Yasuhisa Furuhara (古原 靖久 Furuhara Yasuhisa )
- Renn Kōsaka: Shinwa Kataoka (片岡 信和 Kataoka Shinwa )
- Saki Rōyama: Rina Aizawa (逢沢 りな Aizawa Rina )
- Hant Jō: Masahiro Usui (碓井 将大 Usui Masahiro )
- Gunpei Ishihara: Kenji Ebisawa (海老澤 健次 Ebisawa Kenji )
- Hiroto Sutō: Hidenori Tokuyama (徳山 秀典 Tokuyama Hidenori )
- Miu Sutō: Yumi Sugimoto (杉本 有美 Sugimoto Yumi )
- Kegalesia: Nao Oikawa (及川 奈央 Oikawa Nao )
- Jan Kandou: Hiroki Suzuki (鈴木 裕樹 Suzuki Hiroki )
- Ran Uzaki: Mina Fukui (福井 未菜 Fukui Mina )
- Retu Fukami: Manpei Takagi (高木 万平 Takagi Manpei )
- Gou Fukami: Riki Miura (三浦 力 Miura Riki )
- Ken Hisatsu: Sotaro (聡太郎 Sōtarō , Sotaro Yasuda)
- Miki Masaki: Kazue Itoh (伊藤 かずえ Itō Kazue )
- Natsume Masaki: Sakina Kuwae (桑江 咲菜 Kuwae Sakina )
- Rio: Hirofumi Araki (荒木 宏文 Araki Hirofumi )
- Mele: Yuka Hirata (平田 裕香 Hirata Yuka )
- Long: Naoki Kawano (川野 直輝 Kawano Naoki )
- Speedor: Daisuke Namikawa (浪川 大輔 Namikawa Daisuke )
- Bus-on: Hisao Egawa (江川 央生 Egawa Hisao )
- Bearrv: Miki Inoue (井上 美紀 Inoue Miki )
- Birca: Sōichirō Hoshi (保志 総一朗 Hoshi Sōichirō )
- Gunpherd: Kenji Hamada (浜田 賢二 Hamada Kenji )
- Carrigator: Kyōsei Tsukui (津久井 教生 Tsukui Kyōsei )
- Toripter: Shizuka Ishikawa (石川 静 Ishikawa Shizuka )
- Jetras: Kiyotaka Furushima (古島 清孝 Furushima Kiyotaka )
- Jum-bowhale: Tomomichi Nishimura (西村 知道 Nishimura Tomomichi )
- Bomper: Akiko Nakagawa (中川 亜紀子 Nakagawa Akiko )
- Yogostein: Kiyoyuki Yanada (梁田 清之 Yanada Kiyoyuki )
- Kitaneidas: Mitsuaki Madono (真殿 光昭 Madono Mitsuaki )
- Master Xia Fu: Ichirō Nagai (永井 一郎 Nagai Ichirō )
- Bae: Akira Ishida (石田 彰 Ishida Akira )
- Nunchaku Banki: Takahiro Yoshimizu (吉水 孝宏 Yoshimizu Takahiro )
- Meka: Hidenari Ugaki (宇垣 秀成 Ugaki Hidenari )
- Go-on Red, Engine-Oh: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi )
- Go-on Blue: Yoshifumi Oshikawa (押川 善文 Oshikawa Yoshifumi )
- Go-on Yellow: Sanae Hitomi (人見 早苗 Hitomi Sanae )
- Go-on Green: Yasuhiro Takeuchi (竹内 康博 Takeuchi Yasuhiro )
- Go-on Black, Yogostein: Riichi Seike (清家 利一 Seike Riichi )
- Go-on Gold: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun )
- Go-on Silver: Mizuho Nogawa (野川 瑞穂 Nogawa Mizuho )
- Geki Red: Makoto Itō (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto )
- Geki Yellow: Naoko Kamio (神尾 直子 Kamio Naoko )
- Geki Blue: Masaru Ōbayashi (大林 勝 Ōbayashi Masaru )
- Geki Violet: Hiroyuki Muraoka (村岡 弘之 Muraoka Hiroyuki )
- Geki Chopper: Kōji Matoba (的場 耕二 Matoba Kōji )
- Black Lion Rio: Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō )
- Mere (armored form): Yūichi Hachisuka (蜂須賀 祐一 Hachisuka Yūichi )
- Kitaneidas, Geki Tohja: Hideaki Kusaka (日下 秀昭 Kusaka Hideaki )
- "東映ビデオ｜炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャーVSゲキレンジャー". Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- "炎神戦隊ゴーオンジャー GP-43 年末オソウジ｜東映［テレビ］". Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "映画化！！☆ 古原靖久の「コレかっこよくないっすか！？」/ウェブリブログ". Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "ゴーオンジャー、再び映画化！｜片岡信和オフィシャルブログ 「curiosity killed the cat」powered by Ameba". Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "色々お知らせ｜海老澤健次オフィシャルブログbyアメブロ". Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "映画化！-徳山秀典は･･･". Retrieved 2008-12-06.
- "重大発表！！！！！｜杉本有美オフィシャルブログ Powered by アメブロ". Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "私の写真に、釣られてみる？-平田裕香の日記". Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- "Japanese Box Office, January 24-25". Retrieved 2009-02-01.