||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
|Founders||Ezra Zygmuntowicz, Lance Walley, Tom Mornini, Jayson Vantuyl|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, United States|
|Key people||John Dillon, Alan Cyron, Jim Burleigh, Rob Walters, Jeff Reich, Marcy Campbell, Jennifer Chow|
In August 2011, Engine Yard acquired Orchestra.io to add PHP expertise to the Engine Yard team and platform. In September 2011, the company launched a partner program that includes over 40 cloud technology companies. These partners provide add-on services—application performance management, email deliverability, load testing and more—within the Engine Yard Platform.
In early 2012, Engine Yard reported that its revenue doubled year over year to $28 million in 2011, and the number of paying customers rose 50 percent to 2,000 in that time. Engine Yard claims that with its $28 million in revenue for 2011 it is the leading open platform as a service.
In June 2013, Engine Yard formed a strategic alliance with Microsoft  and went live on Windows Azure marketplace on July 31, 2013. Developers can use this open source Platform-as-a-Service running on Microsoft cloud infrastructure to deploy web and mobile apps.
Engine Yard sponsors a number of open-source projects.
In October 2009, Engine Yard received an additional $19 million in funding from a combination of Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Amazon, Bay Partners, Presidio Ventures and DAG Ventures, for a total of $37.5 million in funding.
In November 2012, Oracle Corporation announced that it made a strategic minority investment in Engine Yard. Financial details of the investment were not disclosed. Engine Yard continues to operate as an independent company.
- Taylor, Colleen (June 23, 2011), Tech giants are hungry for M&A — really hungry, gigaom, retrieved July 29, 2012
- Gardner, Dana (July 14, 2008), Amazon helps boost Engine Yard's cloud computing efforts with capital infusion, Zdnet.com, retrieved July 29, 2012
- Park, Anthony (September 14, 2010), Engine Yard Interview with Tom Mornini, CTO and Co Founder, Cloudtweaks.com, retrieved July 29, 2012
- Hesseldahl, Arik (February 7, 2011), Engine Yard CEO John Dillon Talks About Competing Against His Old Company, Salesforce.com, AllThingsD, retrieved July 29, 2012
- Engine Yard Conducts Orchestra Acquisition, Adds PHP PaaS, CRN, August 23, 2011, retrieved April 6, 2012
- Darrow, Barb (February 9, 2012), Veteran PaaS player Engine Yard claims big momentum, gigaom, retrieved July 29, 2012
- Taft, Darryl K. (February 10, 2012), Engine Yard Claims Top PaaS Position With $28M in Revenue, eWeek, retrieved July 29, 2012
- Engine Yard Azure support announcement, July 31, 2013
- Schonfeld, Erick (January 11, 2008), Benchmark Bets on Ruby on Rails With $3.5 Million Investment in Engine Yard, TechCrunch, retrieved July 29, 2012
- Lerner, Reuven (July 14, 2008), Engine Yard Secures $15 Million in Funding, Ostatic.com, retrieved July 29, 2012