|Type||Public Sector Undertaking|
|Traded as||BSE: 532178
|Headquarters||New Delhi India|
|Key people||A K Purwaha, Chairman and Managing Director|
|Operating income||38984.5 crore (US$6.3 billion) (2011–12)|
|Net income||4019.3 crore (US$650 million) (2011–12)|
|Employees||4000 (2012 Approx.)|
Engineers India Limited (EIL) is a Navratna public-sector undertaking of the Government of India under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. It was set up in 1965 to provide engineering and related technical services for petroleum refineries and other industrial projects. The chairman and managing director of the company is A K Purwaha.
EIL has its head office at Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi. EIL also has:
- an R&D complex at Gurgaon,
- a branch office at Mumbai,
- regional offices at Kolkata, Chennai, Vadodara,
- inspection offices at all major equipment manufacturing locations in India.
- overseas offices in London (England), Abu Dhabi and Malaysia.
EIL has two wholly owned subsidiaries, EIL Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd in Malaysia, and Certification Engineers International Ltd, to undertake independent certification, and third party inspection assignments.
Tata Projects Limited (TPL) and Engineers India Ltd (EIL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in July 2007 to incorporate a Joint Venture Company which would undertake Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects in India and abroad.The Joint Venture Company named Teil Projects Limited was incorporated on 15 July 2008 in Delhi as a Public Limited Company.
EIL has emerged as a design, engineering and turnkey contracting company in the following fields:
- Petroleum refining
- Petrochemicals, chemicals and fertilisers
- Offshore oil and gas
- Onshore oil and gas
- Terminals and storages
- Mining and metallurgy
It is diversifying into the following new areas:
- Water and waste management
- City gas distribution
- Power-thermal, solar & nuclear
- Gas based fertiliser projects,
- Coal to liquid
The services offered by EIL include:
- Feasibility studies
- Environment impact assessment
- Technology and process licencer selection
- Cost estimation
Project implementation services
- Project management
- Process design
- Detailed engineering
- Construction management
- Commissioning and plant start-up assistance
- Heat and mass transfer equipment design
- Environment engineering
- Information technology
- Specialist materials and maintenance
- Plant operations & safety including HAZOPS and risk analysis
- Refinery optimisation studies
- Yield and energy optimisation studies
- Construction and commissioning
EIL has won a consultancy services contract from Cairn Energy India Pty Ltd for front end engineering and design for the Mangala Polymer Project involving creation of surface and infrastructure facilities for development of a polymer flood at Mangala for enhanced crude oil recovery
EIL has to its credit more than 5,000 assignments including over 400 major projects completed:
- 49 petroleum refinery projects
- 7 petrochemical complexes
- 37 pipeline projects
- 205 offshore platforms
- 35 oil and gas processing projects
- 26 mining and metallurgical projects
- 11 ports and terminals
- 8 fertiliser projects
- 26 infrastructure projects
- 17 LSTK projects
- "Engineers India Ltd. Profit and Loss". Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- "Engineers India Limited June 24, 2014 Press Release: Enhanced autonomy for EIL with navratna status".
- "Engineers India Limited July 6, 2012 Press Release: EIL bags Integrated Refinery Expansion Project of BPCL, Kochi".