England Counties XV
|Union||Rugby Football Union|
|Captain(s)||Billy Johnson (Old Albanian)|
England Counties XV is a representative rugby union team that is open to English players who play in the County Championship and the third tier (and below) of the English rugby union system. Players from the Premiership and RFU Championship are ineligible.
|1||27 February||Scotland Club XV||Woodlands Memorial Ground, Lytham St Annes||W||37 – 3|||
|2||20 March||France Federale XV||Stade Francis-Rongiéras, Périgueux||W||24 – 15|||
|1||31 January||France Federale XV||Nevers||L||15 – 16|||
|2||21 February||Ireland Club XV||Northern Echo Arena, Darlington||L||22 – 23|||
|3||4 June||Emerging Georgia||Tbilisi||W||48 – 23|||
|4||8 June||Emerging Georgia||Rustavi Stadium, Tblisi||W||15 – 14|||
The England Counties squad for the Belgium tour in June 2013 was:
Forwards: Harry Broadbent (Caldy & Cheshire) Royce Cadman (Hull Ionians & Yorkshire) Mark George* (Stourbridge & Gloucestershire) Matt Hall* (Blaydon & Northumberland) Michael Hill (Birmingham Bees and North Midlands) Ben Hilton* (Launceston & Cornwall) Steve Hipwell (Cambridge & Eastern Counties) Darren Jacques* (Redruth & Cornwall) Robbie Kalbraier* (Blaydon & Northumberland) Adam Kettle (Doncaster & Cheshire) James Lindfield (Blackheath & Kent) Brett McNamee (Old Albanian & Hertfordshire) Tom Stradwick* (Blackheath & Kent) Chris Wearmouth*(Blaydon & Durham)
Backs: Drew Cheshire (Luctonians & North Midlands) Nevaro Codlin (Cinderford & Gloucestershire) Chris Hallam (Doncaster & Yorkshire) Chris Harris (Tynedale & Northumberland) Matt Heeks* (Rosslyn Park & Eastern Counties) Chris Johnson* (Fylde & Lancashire) Rhys Owen (Loughborough & North Midlands) Heath Stevens (Plymouth & East Midlands) Sean Taylor (Preston & Lancashire) Ollie Thomas* (Moseley & North Midlands) Nielson Webber (Launceston & Cornwall) Jim Wigglesworth* (Cambridge & Yorkshire) *Capped by the England Counties
|1||8 February||Ireland Club XV||Temple Hill, Cork||L||20 – 30|||
|2||22 February||France Federale||Trailfinders Sports Ground, Ealing||W||27 – 7|||
|3||12 June||Belgium President's Select||Kituro Rugby Club, Brussels||W||78 – 0|||
|4||16 June||Belgium||Stade Leburton, Tubize||W||57 – 5|||
The England Counties squad for the February matches was: Forwards Dave Allen (Blackheath); Tom Fidler (Cambridge); Mark George (Stourbridge); Matt Hall (Blaydon); James Inglis (Esher); Billy Johnson (Old Albanian); Robbie Kalbraier (Blaydon); Alex Loney (Fylde); Sam Shires (Ealing Trailfinders); Ollie Stedman (Tynedale); Will Warden (Richmond); Ben West (Cinderford). Backs Jack Adams (Cinderford); Lewis Barker (Coventry); Scott Barrow (Fylde); Nev Edwards (Rosslyn Park); Chris Elder (Esher); Matt Heeks (Rosslyn Park); Peter Hodgkinson (Ealing Trailfinders); Will Hurrell (Stourbridge); Ollie Marchon (Old Albanian); Rory Teague (Blackheath).
2012 Tour of East Africa
The team toured East Africa in early June 2012. While there they played a match against the East Africa rugby union team which, though established in 1950 and having previously faced the British Lions (twice), the Springboks, Wales and the Barbarians, was playing its first fixture in almost exactly 30 years The tour was designed to aid this region re-ignite its rugby heritage.
- 2012 Matches
|1||16 March||Ulster Bank International Team||Lightfoot Green, Preston||Won||34 – 16|||
|2||5 June||Ugandan Barbarians||Kampala||Won||66 – 13|||
|3||9 June||Elgon Warriors||Kampala||Won||39 – 5|||
|4||16 June||Elgon Warriors||Nairobi||Won||34 – 14|||
The England Counties squad was: Forwards Rob Baldwin (Wharfedale & Yorkshire) Joe Bonner*^ (Blackheath & Kent) Richard Boyle^ (Newcastle Falcons & Northumberland) James Cleverly (Blackheath & Kent) David Dickinson* (Tynedale & Northumberland) Billy Johnson (Unattached & Hertfordshire) James Lindfield (Westcombe Park & Kent) Dave Marwick (Stockport & Cheshire) Louis McGowan*^ (Sedgley Park & Lancashire) Ben Pons (Moseley & North Mids) Gareth Rawlings (Fylde & Lancashire) Jared Saunders (Saracens & Hertfordshire) Craig Voisey^ (Moseley & North Mids) Sam Wilkes* (Cinderford & Gloucestershire) Backs Chris Briers*^ (Fylde & Lancashire) Will Burton (Luctonians & North Mids) Phil Chesters* (Ealing & Devon) Steve Hamilton^ (Unattached & Yorkshire) Peter Hodgkinson*^ (Ealing & Cheshire) Toby Howley-Berridge (Unattached & Eastern Counties) Stefan Liebenberg* (Bedford & Hertfordshire) Harry Peck*^ (Tynedale & Northumberland) Jack Smales^ (Nevers & Northumberland) Rory Teague (Cinderford & Gloucestershire) Tom Wheatcroft* (Ealing & Warwickshire) Jim Wigglesworth (Hull & Yorkshire) Players on standby Rob Schillachi^ (Hertford & Hertfordshire); Jamie Salter (Launceston & Cornwall); Chris Wearmouth* (Blaydon & Durham); Gavin Jones (Blaydon & Yorkshire); Philip Woodhead* (Wharfedale & Yorkshire); Tyson Lewis (Plymouth & Devon)
- Key * Represented England Counties in Spring Internationals ^ Represented England Counties on previous Tour
2011 Tour of Spain
|Match 1||5 June||Madrid XV||Madrid||Won||53 – 24|
|Match 2||8 June||Castilla Leon Union XV||Salamanca||Won||104 – 10|
|Match 3||11 June||Spain||Valladolid||Won||55 – 6|
The England Counties squad is: Forwards: Rob Baldwin (Wharfedale & Yorkshire), Richard Boyle (Tynedale & Northumberland), Matt Hall (Blaydon & Northumberland), Ben Hilton (Launceston & Cornwall), Martin Kent (Macclesfield & Cheshire), Aaron Myers (Westoe & Durham), Steve Pape (Rosslyn Park & Somerset), Jack Preece (Birmingham Solihull & Gloucestershire), Rob Schillaci (Hertford & Hertfordshire), Ben Sparks (Stourbridge & Gloucestershire), Tom Stradwick (Henley & Kent), Tommy Taylor (Sale Jets & Cheshire), Craig Voisey (Moseley & North Midlands), Gavin Woods ( Caldy & Cheshire). Backs: Ollie Brennand (Fylde & Lancashire), Gareth Collins (Leicester Lions & Warwickshire), Steve Hamilton (Rotherham & Kent), Peter Hodgkinson (Ealing & Cheshire), Tom Hughes (Preston Grasshoppers & Lancashire), Cameron Mitchell (Plymouth Albion & North Midlands), Charlie Mulchrone (Macclesfield & Cheshire), Fergus Mulchrone (unattached & Cheshire), Harry Peck (Tynedale & Northumberland), Aaron Penberthy (Redruth & Cornwall), Ollie Thomas (Moseley & North Midlands), Curtis Wilson (Leeds & Yorkshire).
England Counties have met the Spanish national side once previously. Both took part in a FIRA Festival in South West France in 2007, when the Counties were 21–15 winners in Morlaas.
England Counties under-20
|Match 1||6 May 2011||Scotland Under–20||West Park, Leeds||Lost||15 – 18|
|Match 2||4 May 2012||Scotland Under–20||University Park, St Andrews University||Lost||16 – 33 Report|
|Match 3||15 May 2013||Georgia Under–20 Select XV||Shevardeni High Performance Centre, Tbilisi||Won||16 – 14 Report|
|Match 4||18 May 2013||Georgia Under–20||Shevardeni High Performance Centre, Tbilisi||Won||25 – 13|
|Match 5||24 May 2014||Georgia Under-20||Volac Park, Cambridge||Lost||22 - 23|
2015 Tour of Hungary
- Nigel Walrond. Penberthy crowns wonderful season. Independent.
- Lowther, Richard. "England Counties - clarifying some points". Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "Counties oust Scotland Club XV with emphatic win". englandrugby.com. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Counties keep their composure for first win in France". The RugbyPaper (340). 22 March 2015. p. 41.
- "England Counties lose out in close-fought contest". RFU. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- "England Counties XV come close against Ireland Club XV". rfu.com. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Wigglesworth stars in England Counties win". rfu.com. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "England Counties XV clinch double over Emerging Georgia". rfu.com. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "England Counties name squad for Belgium tour". RFU. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Hill happy to get England Counties call". RFU. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "England Counties come close but fall short". rfu.com. Retrieved 4 March 2013.
- "Impressive win for England Counties". RFU. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "England Counties make strong start in Belgium". RFU. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- "Cornwall duo play in England Counties win over Belgium". bbc.co.uk/sport. Retrieved 21 June 2013.
- "England Counties squad named for Feb matches". RFU. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- "England Counties beat Ulster Bank International Team". RFU. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
- "England Counties make winning start in Kampala". RFU. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "England Counties make it two from two in East Africa". RFU. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Counties end memorable tour with 34-14 victory". RFU. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- "England Counties Name Squad for East Africa Tour". rfu. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "England Counties U20s make it two from two in Georgia". RFU. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Hood rues missed chances after England Counties U20 defeat". rfu.com. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- "England Counties U20s squad announced for Georgia fixtures". RFU. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- "England Counties Under 20 name squad for Hungary". England Rugby. Retrieved 19 April 2015.