England national football C team
|Nickname(s)||The Three Lions|
|Association||The Football Association|
|Head coach||Paul Fairclough|
Formed in 1979 as the England Non-League team, it features players who play for clubs outside of the Football League.
Many players who have been capped at non-league level have gone on to play at a higher level. Currently, the majority of selected players are full-time professionals with Conference Premier league clubs.
Home matches are played at various League and non-league grounds around the country. Friendly matches are played with equivalent teams from other nations, and compete in the Four Nations Tournament each season, along with Scotland, Wales and the full Gibraltar teams. They have more recently begun playing against under-23 teams from the likes of Belgium and Turkey which have included players capped at full international level.
They won the tournament for the seventh time in May 2008, winning all three of their matches without conceding a goal. Since January 2003, the team has been managed by Paul Fairclough, who used to manage Barnet until he left the club by mutual consent in December 2008.
The team has played in three International Challenge Trophy finals.
|Friendly||Sparta Prague B||2–2||Matty Taylor (2)||21 May 2014|
|Friendly||Jordan U23||1–0||Luke Berry||4 March 2014|
|Friendly||Czech Republic U21||2–2||Fraser Franks, James Norwood (pen)||19 November 2013 |
|Friendly||Latvia U23||0–1||10 September 2013 |
|Friendly||Bermuda||6–1||Antoni Sarcevic, Marlon Jackson, James Norwood (3), Andre Gray||4 June 2013|
|2011–13 International Challenge Trophy||Turkey A2||0–1||5 February 2013|
|2011–13 International Challenge Trophy||Belgium U23||2–1||Scott Spencer, Andre Gray||12 September 2012 |
|2011–13 International Challenge Trophy||Russia U23||0–4||5 June 2012 |
|2011–13 International Challenge Trophy||Italy Lega Pro||1–1||Adam Watkins||28 February 2012 |
|Friendly||Gibraltar||1–3||Connor Jennings||15 November 2011 |
|2009–11 International Challenge Trophy||Portugal U23||0–1||19 May 2011 |
|2009–11 International Challenge Trophy||Belgium U23||1–0||Matthew Barnes-Homer||9 February 2011 |
|2009–11 International Challenge Trophy||Estonia U23||1–0||Jake Howells||12 October 2010 |
|Friendly||Wales Semi-Pro||2–2||Kyle McFadzean, Alex Rodman||14 September 2010|
|2009–11 International Challenge Trophy||Republic of Ireland U23||2–1||Andrew Fleming, Max Porter||26 May 2010|
|Friendly †||East of Scotland League XI||1–0||Max Porter||22 May 2010|
|Friendly||Poland U23||2–1||Chris Holroyd, Matthew Barnes-Homer||17 November 2009|
|Friendly||Hungary U23||1–1||Louis Briscoe||15 September 2009|
- † Team appeared as FA Representative XI.
|2007–09 International Challenge Trophy||Belgium U21||0–1||19 May 2009|
|Friendly||Malta||4–0||Paul Brown, Lee Tomlin, Sean Newton, Shaun Densmore||17 February 2009|
|2007–09 International Challenge Trophy||Italy Lega Pro||2–2||Josh Simpson, James Constable||12 Nov 2008|
|Friendly||Bosnia and Herzegovina B||2–6||Luke Moore, Jon Shaw||16 September 2008|
|2007–09 International Challenge Trophy||Finland||2–0||Michael Morrison, Matthew Tubbs||15 Nov 2007|
|2007–09 International Challenge Trophy||Wales Semi-Pro||2–1||Mitchell Cole, Michael Morrison||21 Feb 2008|
|Four Nations Tournament||Gibraltar||1–0||Mitchell Cole||20 May 2008|
|Four Nations Tournament||Scotland||1–0||Steve Morison||22 May 2008|
|Four Nations Tournament||Wales||3–0||Andy Burgess, Michael Morrison, Shaun Harrad||24 May 2008|
|Friendly||Grenada||1–1||Steve Morison||31 May 2008|
|Friendly||Barbados||2–0||Jon Shaw, Russell Penn||2 Jun 2008|
|2005–06 European Challenge Trophy||The Netherlands||4–1||Steve Morison, Kieran Charnock, George Boyd, Craig Mackail-Smith||29 Nov 2006|
|International Friendly||Northern Ireland||1–3||Paul Benson||13 Feb 2007|
|Four Nations Tournament||Ireland||5–0||Mitchell Cole (3), Glen Southam, Matthew Tubbs||22 May 2007|
|Four Nations Tournament||Scotland||3–0||Andy Burgess, John Grant, Jon Ashton||25 May 2007|
|Four Nations Tournament||Wales||3–0||Gareth Seddon (2), Mitchell Cole||27 May 2007|
|International Friendly||Finland||1–0||Mitchell Cole||1 June 2007|
1Added to squad as replacement
- Paul Fairclough (2003–)
- Steve Avory (2002–2003)
- John Owens (1997–2002)
- Keith Wright (1980–1985)
- Howard Wilkinson (1979–1980)
- Four Nations Tournament (7): 1979, 1981, 1983, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008
- European Challenge Trophy (1): 2006
- "Luke Berry nets only goal as England C beat Jordan U23s". 4 March 2014. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Norwood snatches late draw". 19 November 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Narrow defeat for C team". The Football Association. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- "Gray grabs late winner". The Football Association. 12 September 2012. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Russia prove too much for C". The Football Association. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2012.
- "England rocked by Gibraltar". The FA. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- "Lions lose out to single goal". The FA. 2011-05-19. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "Matt the Hatter sees off Belgium". The FA. 2011-02-09. Retrieved 2011-05-20.
- "England C into ICT semis". The FA. 2010-10-12. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- "Bayliss blasts England selectors". North West Evening Mail. 7 October 2010.
- "Narrow win for Rep side". The FA. 2010-05-22. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "Paul Fairclough names his 16 players for Latvia game in September". The FA. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 28 August 2013.