English Bazar (community development block)
ইংলিশবাজার সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||251.85 km2 (97.24 sq mi)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Dakshin|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||English Bazar, Maldah, Manikchak|
English Bazar (community development block) is an administrative division in Malda Sadar subdivision of Malda district in the Indian state of West Bengal. English Bazar police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Malda.
Mahadipur, a constituent panchayat of English Bazar community development block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, English Bazar block has a total population of 226,215 out of which 116,371 were males and 109,844 were females. English Bazar block registered a population growth of 25.37 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Malda district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "English Bazar at a Glance". Maldah District. District administration. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "GPwise Population of Malda district". Malda district. Malda district administration. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". Maldah District (06). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.