English Federation of Disability Sport
The English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS) is an umbrella organization promoting sport for athletes with disabilities in England. Founded in 1998, the Federation brought together a number of organizations who had separately promoted disabled sports before its creation. EFDS promotes opportunities for youth with disabilities to participate in sport, in addition to its work with adult athletes.
Disability Sport Events (DSE) was merged with the EFDS in 2005, where it became an events division. DSE was formerly known as Disability Sports England (DSE) and originally as the British Sports Association for the Disabled (BSAD), founded by Ludwig Guttmann in 1961.
- "About Us". English Federation of Disability Sport. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- "English Federation for Disability Sport: 'One Small Step' Project". Study Support. United Kingdom Department of Children, Schools, and Families. 08-05-11. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
- English Federation of Disability Sport, Registered Charity no. 1075180 at the Charity Commission
- Our Work, Official site of the English Federation of Disability Sport
- Leisure & Holidays, Surrey County Council
- Sports for people with disabilities, Hammersmith & Fulham