English Short Title Catalogue
The English Short Title Catalogue or ESTC is a short title catalogue of works published between 1473 and 1800, mainly in Britain and North America, and primarily in English, from the collections of the British Library and other libraries.
It began life as the Eighteenth-Century Short Title Catalogue, with the same abbreviation, covering only 1701 to 1800. Earlier printing had been covered to 1640 by A. W. Pollard and G. R. Redgrave's Short Title Catalogue and from 1641 to 1700 by Donald Goddard Wing's similarly titled bibliography.
- "English Short-Title Catalog (1473-1800) North America". University of California. Retrieved 2007-03-22.
- Snyder, Henry L. and Michael S. Smith (eds.) The English Short-Title Catalogue: past, present, future. New York: AMS, 2003.
Media related to English Short Title Catalogue at Wikimedia Commons
- English Short Title Catalogue (free access via the British Library)
- The ESTC as a 21st Century Research Tool
- Alston, Robin. The Eighteenth Century Short Title Catalogue: a personal history to 1989.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|