Gasparotto in 2006
|Full name||Enrico Gasparotto|
22 March 1982 |
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||65 kg (140 lb)|
Infobox last updated on
Enrico Gasparotto (born 22 March 1982) is an Italian professional road racing cyclist for UCI ProTour team Astana, which he joined in 2009. Born in Sacile, Gasparotto turned professional in 2005 with Liquigas-Bianchi and stayed with the team for three years.
Gasparotto achieved his first Classics victory at the 2012 Amstel Gold Race; he won the race in an uphill finish, after Óscar Freire was caught 90 m (300 ft) before the finish line, and Gasparotto out-sprinted Lotto-Belisol's Jelle Vanendert and Peter Sagan of Liquigas-Cannondale. One week later, he took part in Liège–Bastogne–Liège, finishing third by beating a small group to the sprint in a race won by fellow Astana teammate, Maxim Iglinsky. At the Vuelta a Espana, bad luck hit Gasparotto and the Astana squad on the very first stage, a 16.5 km (10.3 mi) Team Time Trial held in Pampeluna. His team-mates Paolo Tiralongo, Alexsandr Dyachenko, Andrey Zeits and Gasparotto himself crashed in an accident that was not picked up by the television cameras. His teammates could pick themselves up and continue, as did Gasparotto, but it was revealed that his collarbone was fractured in three places and he had to abandon the Spanish race.
 Major results
- 1st National Road Race Champion
- 1st Stage 2 Volta a Catalunya
- 1st Memorial Cimurri
- 3rd Coppa Sabatini
- 1st Stage 1 TTT Giro d'Italia
- 2nd Overall Post Danmark Rundt
- 1st Overall Ster Elektrotoer
- 1st Stage 3
- 1st Giro della Romagna
- 3rd Overall Three Days of De Panne
- 1st Stage 1
- 3rd GP di Lugano
- 1st Sprints Classification, Tour de Suisse
- 1st Stage 5 Tirreno–Adriatico
- 3rd Amstel Gold Race
- 9th Strade Bianche
- 4th Tre Valli Varesine
- 1st Amstel Gold Race
- 3rd Liège–Bastogne–Liège
- 7th Trofeo Laigueglia
- 6th Liège–Bastogne–Liège
- 9th Amstel Gold Race
- "Freire says headwind blighted his chances of winning Amstel Gold Race". VeloNation (VeloNation LLC). 15 April 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Gasparotto wins Amstel stunner". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). 15 April 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Maxim Iglinsky wins Liège – Bastogne – Liège". Velo News (VeloNews.com). 22 April 2012. Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- Ben Atkins (19 August 2012). "Vuelta a Espana: Fractured collarbone for Enrico Gasparotto in team time trial crash". Velo Nation (Velo Nation LLC). Retrieved 19 August 2012.
Media related to Enrico Gasparotto at Wikimedia Commons
- Profile at Barloworld official website
- Profile at Liquigas official website
- Enrico Gasparotto at Trap-Friis.dk. Archive copy at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 May 2011)
- Palmares on Cycling Base
|This biographical article relating to Italian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|