Enterprise–Ozark micropolitan area
The Enterprise–Ozark Micropolitan Statistical Area, as defined by the United States Census Bureau, was an area consisting of two counties in southeastern Alabama, anchored by the cities of Enterprise and Ozark. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 92,744 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 96,782).
In 2013, Enterprise–Ozark Micropolitan Statistical Area was split into two micropolitan areas, to let both Enterprise and Ozark have own, independent micropolitan areas.
- Coffee - reassigned as Enterprise Micropolitan Area in 2013.
- Dale - reassigned as Ozark Micropolitan Area in 2013.
Places with more than 20,000 inhabitants
Places with 10,000 to 20,000 inhabitants
- Ozark (Principal city)
Places with 1,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
Places with less than 1,000 inhabitants
As of the census of 2000, there were 92,744 people, 36,299 households, and 26,119 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 75.66% White, 19.42% African American, 0.75% Native American, 1.02% Asian, 0.12% Pacific Islander, 1.10% from other races, and 1.92% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.05% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $32,831, and the median income for a family was $38,735. Males had a median income of $30,656 versus $20,111 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $17,166.
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- OMB BULLETIN NO. 13-01: Revised Delineations of Metropolitan Statistical Areas, Micropolitan Statistical Areas, and Combined Statistical Areas, and Guidance on Uses of the Delineations of These Areas. Office of Management and Budget. February 28, 2013.
- Dothan lies in three counties – Houston, Henry, and Dale. Most of the city is in Houston County with small portions extending into the neighboring counties. The small portion of Dothan in Dale County is considered part of the Enterprise-Ozark Micropolitan Statistical Area, while the Houston and Henry County portions are part of the Dothan Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.