Entertainment City (also known as Bagong Nayong Pilipino - Entertainment City) or previously Manila Bay Tourism City is Asia's Las Vegas-like gaming and entertainment complex that is underway by PAGCOR on 8 km² of land on the reclamation area of Manila Bay, Philippines as envisioned by the Philippine Amusement & Gaming Corporation in 2002. It lies the western side of Roxas Boulevard and south of SM Corporate District (SM Mall of Asia), part of Parañaque City. Investments to the project can reach up to $15 billion, which is scaled down from the more recent $20 billion budget announcement that had been previously announced in 2007. All investments will come from private companies.
The project is officially named as the "Bagong Nayong Pilipino-Entertainment City", and has been called several other names by the press. The most common name being referenced is "Entertainment City". The site has been declared a PEZA approved economic zone.
Hotels and Casinos
- City of Dreams Manila - a Melco Crown Entertainment project. Expected completion in 2014.
- Solaire Resort & Casino - Opened on March 16, 2013.
- Resorts World Bayshore - Genting Hong Kong and AGI's second integrated resort complex in Manila. Expected completion in 2018.
- Manila Bay Resorts - Universal Entertainment Corporation project.  Expected completion in 2015.
The Manila Eye is an approved gigantic Ferris Wheel observatory to be built inside the Entertainment City Complex beside Roxas Boulevard. It will be similar to the London Eye of London or the Singapore Flyer of Singapore. Like other observation wheels, you will observe Manila Bay's Skyline. But it will also have a one-of-a-kind feature. The bottom part will be surmerged underwater. So not only the skyline above will you observe, but also an underwater man-made sea-like pool. Beneath the surface you will see different types of Corals and many species of Fish.
A concept design layout has been made, but so far, nothing has been mentioned about its height or size, whether it will be the tallest Ferris Wheel in the Philippines or the tallest in the World.
- $15-B Pagcor casino complex gets off the ground, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 4/04/2008
- Las Vegas of the Philippines, Hong Kong Star, 4/03/2008
- Okada group, Century Properties sign agreement for $1-B Manila Bay Resorts published by BusinessMirror; accessed 2013-11-05.
- Pagcor news
- Pagcor Ground Breaking
- Pagcor eyes $20-B casino complex like Las Vegas
- Pagcor All About Entertainment and Tourism
- Height limit a problem for proposed structures at Pagcor City