Entertainment City (also known as Bagong Nayong Pilipino - Entertainment City) or previously Manila Bay Tourism City is Asia's Las Vegas-like gaming and entertainment complex that is underway by PAGCOR on 8 km² of land on the reclamation area of Manila Bay, Philippines as envisioned by the Philippine Amusement & Gaming Corporation in 2002. It lies the western side of Roxas Boulevard and south of SM Corporate District (SM Mall of Asia), part of Parañaque City. Investments to the project can reach up to $15 billion, which is scaled down from the more recent $20 billion budget announcement that had been previously announced in 2007. All investments will come from private companies.
The project is officially named as the "Bagong Nayong Pilipino-Entertainment City", and has been called several other names by the press. The most common name being referenced is "Entertainment City". The site has been declared a PEZA approved economic zone.
Hotels and Casinos
- City of Dreams Manila - a Melco Crown Entertainment project. Expected completion in 2014.
- Solaire Resort & Casino - Opened on March 16, 2013.
- Resorts World Bayshore - Genting Hong Kong and AGI's second integrated resort complex in Manila.
- Manila Bay Resorts - a Universal Entertainment Corporation project.
- $15-B Pagcor casino complex gets off the ground, Philippine Daily Inquirer, 4/04/2008
- Las Vegas of the Philippines, Hong Kong Star, 4/03/2008
- Okada group, Century Properties sign agreement for $1-B Manila Bay Resorts published by BusinessMirror; accessed 2013-11-05.
- Pagcor news
- Pagcor Ground Breaking
- Pagcor eyes $20-B casino complex like Las Vegas
- Pagcor All About Entertainment and Tourism
- Height limit a problem for proposed structures at Pagcor City