|Industry||Television production and distribution|
|Founded||Los Angeles, California, USA (1993)|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Key people||Byron Allen (chairman/CEO)
(executive vice president/general counsel)
Joan A. Robbins
(co-producer/president of talent relations)
Barry W. Ilovitch
(president of production)
Entertainment Studios is an independent television production and distribution company that was founded by comedian Byron Allen in 1993 under the name CF Entertainment. The company produces and distributes first-run television series for U.S. television syndication. It also operates six digital cable and satellite channels which broadcast a mix of original program content and syndicated programs that the company distributes for broadcast television through its Entertainment Studios Networks subsidiary.
The company is the largest independently operated syndication producer/distributor for broadcast television as the company produces and distributes 29 syndicated television series, which largely consist of court shows scripted from actual testimony, and interview programs; the company also ventured into scripted programming in 2012, with the launch of the sitcoms Mr. Box Office and The First Family, whose productions have since been put on hold due to the founder's financial troubles. Entertainment Studios greenlit its first film and stage projects in 2011, when it acquired the rights to develop a biographical film and theatrical play on the life of Sammy Davis, Jr. from the daughter of actor/singer, Tracey Davis.
List of programs produced and distributed by Entertainment Studios
- America's Court with Judge Ross
- Beautiful Homes & Great Estates
- Career Day
- Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen
- Designers, Fashions & Runways
- Entertainers with Byron Allen
- The First Family
- Global Business People
- The Gossip Queens
- Justice for All with Judge Cristina Pérez
- Justice with Judge Mablean
- Latin Lifestyles
- Kickin' It with Byron Allen
- Mr. Box Office
- Supreme Justice with Judge Karen
- Urban Style
- We the People With Gloria Allred
- The Writer’s Hot List
- Who Wants to Date a Comedian?
- The Young Icons
On December 10, 2012, Entertainment Studios launched Justice Central.TV. It's the production company's eighth first-run syndication network. Justice Central.TV is a 24-hour, HD legal news and court show network that captures court proceedings, news, talk, and entertainment. Its original programming includes four court shows: America's Court With Judge Ross, We The People With Gloria Allred, Justice For All With Judge Cristina Perez, and Supreme Justice With Judge Karen.
Programming in the works
In November 2012, Entertainment Studios announced that they are launching their 4th court show, Supreme Justice with Judge Karen, in fall 2013. The show will star Karen Mills-Francis, who starred as arbiter on the court shows Judge Karen (produced by Sony Pictures Television) and Judge Karen's Court (produced by Litton Entertainment).
- Mark DeVitre Joins Entertainment Studios as Executive VP and General Counsel, The Hollywood Reporter, June 11, 2012.
- Entertainment Studios Launches Two Primetime First-run Sitcoms for Fall 2012, The Futon Critic, January 18, 2012.
- Sammy Davis Jr. Biopic, Stage Show Planned, The Hollywood Reporter, December 8, 2011.
- Posted: (2012-12-12). "Byron Allen Launches Justice Central Television". Blackenterprise.com. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Entertainment Studios to Launch Fourth Court Show, 'Supreme Justice,' This Fall - 2012-11-28 21:02:26 | Broadcasting & Cable". Broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved 2012-12-11.