||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2010)|
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Enthought, Inc. is a software company based in Austin, Texas, USA that develops scientific computing solutions using primarily the Python programming language. It is best known for the early development and maintenance of the SciPy library of mathematics, science, and engineering algorithms and for its Python for scientific computing distribution Enthought Canopy (formerly EPD).
Enthought Canopy is a Python for scientific and analytic computing distribution and analysis environment, available for free and under a commercial license.
The Enthought Tool Suite includes:
- Traits: A manifest type definition library for Python that provides initialization, validation, delegation, notification, and visualization. The Traits package is the foundation of the Enthought Tool Suite, underlying almost all other packages.
- TraitsUI: A UI layer that supports the visualization features of Traits. Implementations using wxWidgets and Qt are provided by the TraitsBackendWX and TraitsBackendQt projects
- Pyface: toolkit-independent GUI abstraction layer, which is used to support the "visualization" features of the Traits package.
- MayaVi: 2-D/3-D scientific data visualization, usable in TraitsUIs as well as an Envisage plug-in.
- Envisage: An extensible plug-in architecture for scientific applications, inspired by Eclipse and NetBeans in the Java world.
- Enable: A multi-platform DisplayPDF drawing engine that supports multiple output backends, including Windows, GTK, and Macintosh native windowing systems, a variety of raster image formats, PDF, and PostScript.
- BlockCanvas: Visual environment for creating simulation experiments, where function and data are separated using CodeTools.
- GraphCanvas: library for interacting with visualizations of complex graphs.
- SciMath: Convenience libraries for math, interpolation, and units
- Chaco: An interactive 2-D plotting toolkit for Python.
- AppTools: General tools for ETS application development: scripting, logging, preferences, ...
- Enaml: Library for creating professional quality user interfaces combining a domain specific declarative language with a constraints based layout.
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|