From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up entity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Entity may refer to:
- Entity, a unit
- a part of an entity–relationship model or diagram
- Character entity reference in HTML, XML or SGML
- Entity (netlabel), a Belgian netlabel specialising in experimental electronic music
- Entity class, in computer programming a class that represents a thing.
- The Entity, the espionage agency of the Vatican City.
- "Entity" (Stargate SG-1), an episode of the television series Stargate SG-1
- The Entity, a 1981 horror film
- The Entity (Anderson), a science fiction story by Poul Anderson and John Gergen
- "The Entity" (South Park), an episode of the television series South Park
- Ion (DC Comics), Parallax (comics), and five other related beings in DC comics, associated with the Lanterns Corps of the Blackest Night storyline. See White Lantern#Entity.
- Entity (2013 film), a horror film based on the Slender Man.
- Entity (2012 film), a supernatural thriller film
- In a system, an entity refers to a component.
- A DBMS entity is either a thing in the modeled world or a drawing element in an ERD.
- In SUMO, Entity is the root node and stands for the universal class of individuals.
- In VHDL, entity is the keyword for defining a new object.
- A SGML entity is an abbreviation for some expanded piece of SGML text.
- An open systems architecture entity is an active routine within a layer.
- In computer games and game engines, entity is a dynamic object such as a non-player character or item.
- In HTML, entity is a code snippet (i.e.: "®" for "Registered Trademark") which is interpreted by web browsers to display special characters. See List of XML and HTML character entity references.
- In business, an entity is a person, department, team, corporation, cooperative, partnership, or other group with whom it is possible to conduct business.
- In law, a legal entity is an entity that is capable of bearing legal rights and obligations, such as a natural person or an artificial person (e.g. a business entity or a corporate entity).
- In politics, entity is used as term for territorial regions, e.g. Bosnia and Herzegovina, Zionist Entity (Israel)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.