Entombed (video game)
Title screen of Enthombed
|Developer(s)||Ultimate Play The Game|
|Publisher(s)||Ultimate Play The Game|
Entombed is a video game for the Commodore 64 developed and published by Ultimate Play The Game in 1985. It is the first sequel to The Staff of Karnath, and features the same lead character Sir Arthur Pendragon.
Entombed is an arcade adventure in isometric perspective pseudo-3D. It is set in an Egyptian tomb, from which the player must guide the lead character to escape, navigating a series of chambers linked by corridors, solving logic puzzles and dealing with attacking enemies by either avoiding or fighting them.
Entombed was well received by the home computer game press critics, receiving a Gold Medal award from Zzap!64 magazine.
Typically for an Ultimate release, players are given a tantalising and cryptic introduction :
- "I could hardly believe it at first, but there before my very eyes was the key I had been searching for. The Eye of Osiris, yet there was something strange and unfamiliar about the symbol, something I had never seen in my travels throughout Egypt. It was as though the Eye had been here many thousands of years, before both the Sphinx under which it was positioned, and the Great Pyramids ever existed. As I intensely examined the Eye, it became clear that it was not made of an Earthly substance and therefore confirmed my theory of its extra-terrestrial origins.
- Whilst I pondered over my astounding find, I suddenly became aware of a low pitched humming sound which appeared to come from beneath the very ground.
- The Eye had begun to glow with all the power it had once represented in times long since past.
- The vibration beneath my feet was beginning to grow stronger and I could feel myself slowly sinking into the ground. I struggled with all my might to break free, but it was in vain. The ground closed above my head as I sank into a dark empty hollow beneath the Sphinx. A tremendous crash echoed around the dusky tombchamber as a giant stone statue fell in front of the only possible exit, guarding my one chance of escape.
- A soul-chilling deathly silence followed, as my last few rays of hope faded on futile notions. Only the cold darkness remained ..."
|This adventure game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Rare-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|