Environment Act 1995
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It set up:
- The Environment Agency
- The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- The National Park authorities
- required the Secretary of State to prepare a National air quality strategy in England & Wales.
- required the Secretary of State to prepare a National Waste Strategy, with power to impose obligations on producers in England & Wales.
- required SEPA to prepare a National waste strategy.
- Improved the current protection of hedgerows
- Formalised the Sandford Principle
- Official text of the Environment Act 1995 as in force today (including any amendments) within the United Kingdom, from the UK Statute Law Database
|This legislation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|