||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2010)|
Photo by Peppe Ruotolo
August 29, 1954 |
San Giorgio a Cremano, Italy
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, arranger|
|Instruments||Tenor saxophone, flute|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Jazz activities
- 3 Musical activities and productions with other artistic languages
- 4 Discography
- 5 Sources
- 6 External links
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2008)|
Nini has participated on famous Italian television channels (Domenica In, Cantagiro, Capodanno RAI 1) and radio stations (Notturno italiano, Audiobox, Radio3 Suite) as a saxophonist, composer and arranger. Nini has composed music for theatrical productions and film scores. He starred as a soloist in pop music shows, participating in the Soul Brothers Band tour of Enzo Avitabile in the Tunisi Amphitheatre (1992).
He played at the "Carrefour de la Mediterraneé" in Salonicco (1991), in the orchestra of the show "La Réve de Kokò" at the Les Halles auditorium of Paris, and at the Reggia di Caserta playing Paolo di Sarcina music (1993).
Under the direction of maestro Renato Piemontese, he was a soloist in the "Media Aetas" group for the Roberto De Simone show "Rosa del Ciel" (Palermo, 2000). Nini played in the theatrical playing orchestra of Raffaele Viviani's "Eden Teatro" in the 2002-2003 Roberto De Simone version, for the reopening of the Trianòn Theatre of Naples.
Musical activities and productions with other artistic languages
With Linea d'Ombra research team
He played, composed and prepared the musical reading festival "Il suono dei poeti" for the Literary Coffee "Intra Moenia" of Naples (1998–99).
He composed and executed music for the reading concerts "Suoni e Parole da Giacomo Leopardi" at the Chiostro di S.Patrizia (Naples, 1999) at the theatre “La Perla” ( Agnano, NA, 1999) at the Sannino auditorium (Ponticelli, NA, 1999) in the La Valle dell'Orso amphitheatre to close the celebrations of "Leopardi in Campania" (Torre del Graco, NA, 2000).
In the show "La sagra del 99" with Eleonora Puntillo, he played at Villa Campolieto (Ercolano, Italy, 1999); at the Certosa di Padula (Padula, Salerno 1999); and in "Sala della Loggia" at the Maschio Angioino Castle for the "Marzo Donna" festival (NA, 2000).
He wrote music and played for the show "L’Orologio Federico" at San Giorgio a Cremano, concluding the week of studies on Federico Fellini with the poet Mariano Bàino and the actor Antonello Cossia (NA, 1999).
At the Arenile di Bagnoli (NA), he has played, composed and prepared the poetico-musical festival "Armi Improprie" with Enzo Gragnaniello, Marcello Colasurdo, Renato Carpentieri and the lawyer Vincenzo Siniscalchi (1999).
With the poet Mariano Bàino at the Maschio Angioino, has participated to the international encounter of poetry "Napoli Poesia" (2000).
He played at the "Literary Park Giordano Bruno" of Nola NA "Una poesia per Gerusalemme", interacting with the poets Muhammad Hanza Jhanien, Ronny Someck and Fausta Squatriti, introduced by Roberto De Simone (2002).
At the theatre Garibaldi of Bisceglie (Bari): "L’Incanto Muore Senza Lutti" - gossip for Luciano Berio with Roberto De Simone, Edoardo Sanguineti and Carmine Lubrano, music and elaboration of the text edited by Enzo Nini commissioned for the death of Luciano Berio (2003).
He played his music at Maschio Angioino Castle of Naples for Camillo Capolongo video show with Wanda Marasco. For the show "Cangiullo and Campana" with Tonino Taiuti. Also "Carmina Foemine" with Wanda Marasco, Linda Santojanni and Monica Ventra.
At Galleria Morra of Naples: 20 May, played for performance "Sfinimondo di Nanni Balestrini" with Raffaele Rizzo (2004).
With the Aladin Association (Armonia-Lettere: Accademia Degli Incerti)
- Enzo Nini played his music for "Voci Dissonanti - La Dispensa della Follia" with Bruno Tommaso and Marcello Colasurdo (Rome, 2001).
- Passaggio a Trieste with the writer Fabrizia Ramondino and the psychiatrist Assunta Signorelli (NA, 2001).
- "Global no-global - La Stanza sull'Acqua" at the Elsa Morante Prize (Bacoli NA, 2001).
- "Fermenti" at the Artists Club of Rome with Mimmo Napolitano and Patrizia del Vasco (2001).
- "I misteri della Napoli sotterranea" and "la Rivoluzione del 1799" at the Kulturbrauerei theatre of Berlin (8/9 June 2002).
- "Cantos desde Partenope" and "Neruda en el Corazon" at Castel Sant'Elmo in occasion of 50° Premio Napoli (2004), with Patrizia Del Vasco, Marcello Colasurdo, Maurizio Villa and the participation of the Madrilenian singer Armancio Prada.
- At the Sibilla Cumana Cavern of Bacoli for the "Itinerari della Psiche" during the AIPA (Italian Association of Psychology Analytics) meeting (2004) with Patrizia di Vasco, Marcello Colasurdo and the Tammorre Vesuviane.
Own recorded CDs
- Enzo Nini Rubber Band : Quartieri Spagnoli
- Musical editions Officina 1990 Product from Enzo Nini & Steps Multimedia
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Lullaby For Paco 
- Enzo Nini Rubber Band : “Doppio Sogno Doppio”
- Polosud Musical editions 1997 Product from Enzo Nini
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Boccadimiele 
Recording sessions with other artists
- Compagnia Musicale Paolo Di Sarcina: Kammermuzak
- PoloSud Musical editions 1996
- Product from Paolo Di Sarcina & Luciano Nini
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Cose di Terracotta 
- Compagnia Musicale Paolo Di Sarcina: Veleno
- PoloSud Musical editions 2002
- Product from Paolo Di Sarcina & Elia Di Filippo
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Slapstick 
- FA.LA.UT. Collection: I Flautisti Jazz Italiani
- Falaut Musical editions 2002
- Artistic Direction: Salvatore Lombardi
- Balcanija : Miracolo
- Officina Musical editions – Il Manifesto 2003
- Product from L. Di Fenza – Hoziè – Guarracino
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Sta Me Ci Zivot 
- Orchestra JAM – Orchestra Jazz a Majella: Lettere da Orsara
- PoloSud Musical editions 2003
- Product from: "JAM" direct from: Bruno Tommaso
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Immigrati 
- Orchestra JAM – Orchestra Jazz a Majella: Specula & Gemini
- Musical Editions SuonidelSud & RAI Trade 2004
- Product from "JAM" direct from: Bruno Tommaso
- Egea Distribution
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Corale Veni redemptor gentium 
- A.L.A.D.IN.: Contrappunti in Utopia
- Poems in Music by Vittorio Russo – Book and CD Pironti Editor 2005
- Product from ALADIN – Original Musics of Enzo Nini
- Demo: listen 15 sec. of Contrappunti in Utopia