|Diocese of Northern California
||Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Sacramento
||Barry L. Beisner
Location of the Diocese of Northern California
The Episcopal Diocese of Northern California, created in 1910, is the diocese of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America with jurisdiction over the northern part of California. It is in Province 8 and its cathedral, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, is in Sacramento, as are the diocesan offices.
The Rt. Rev. Barry Leigh Beisner is the seventh and current bishop of Northern California. He has a master's in divinity from the Church Divinity School of the Pacific and a master's of sacred theology from General Theological Seminary.
List of bishops
The bishops of Northern California have been:
- John Henry Ducachet Wingfield, (1874–1898), Missionary Bishop and first diocesan bishop
- William H. Moreland, Missionary Bishop (1899), second diocesan bishop (1910–1933)
Archie W. N. Porter, bishop coadjutor 1933
- Archie W. N. Porter, (1933–1957)
Clarence R Haden, bishop coadjutor 1957
- Clarence R Haden, (1958–1978)
Edward McNair, suffragan bishop (1968–1972)
- John L. Thompson, (1978–1991)
Jerry A. Lamb, bishop coadjutor 1991
- Jerry A. Lamb, (1992–2006)
Barry Leigh Beisner, bishop coadjutor 2006
- Barry Leigh Beisner, (2007–present)
- ^ Episcopal Church Annual, 2006, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Morehouse Publishing, p. 301-302
- ^ Episcopal Clerical Directory, 2005, revised edition, New York: Church Publishing, p. 62.
- ^ Episcopal Church Annual, 2006, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Morehouse Publishing, p. 301
Coordinates: 40°N 122°W / 40°N 122°W