|Diocese of Western Kansas
||Christ Episcopal Cathedral, Salina
||Michael Pierce Milliken
Location of the Diocese of Western Kansas
The Episcopal Diocese of Western Kansas, created in 1971, is the diocese of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America with jurisdiction over western Kansas. It was formerly the Missionary District of Salina until 1960 and then the Missionary District of Western Kansas until 1971. It is in Province 7. Its cathedral, Christ Episcopal Cathedral, is in Salina. The diocesan offices are located in Hutchinson, Kansas.
Bishop Michael Milliken was consecrated as the fifth diocesan bishop of Western Kansas on February 19, 2011.
List of bishops of Western Kansas
The bishops of Western Kansas have been:
- William Davidson, last missionary bishop (1966–1971), first diocesan bishop (1971–1980)
- John F. Ashby (1981–1995)
- Vernon E. Strickland (1995–2002)
- James M. Adams (2002–2010), resigned in January, 2010
- Michael P. Milliken (2011-)
- ^ "Western Kansas, Diocese of". Episcopal Church. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- ^ a b Episcopal Church Annual, 2006, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: Morehouse Publishing, p. 406-407
Coordinates: 38°50′21″N 97°36′43″W / 38.83917°N 97.61194°W