|Motto||The New Era of Education / Epoka e Re e Arsimimit|
|Type||Private university. Study levels offered: Bachelor, Master, PhD|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. Remzi Altin|
|Students||1000 (max. expected 2000)|
|Colors||Blue and white|
|Affiliations||Gülen movement, Balkan Universities Network|
Epoka University (EU) is a private for-profit university founded in 2007 in Tirana, Albania. It received accreditation by the Albanian Agency for Accreditation of Higher Education in 2011.
The university identifies itself as secular; independent sources claim that it is part of the Gülen movement, which has been active in Albania since 1992 and owns/operates a number of schools (including Epoka) through the Turgut Özal Education Company.
Epoka University has signed MoUs with universities in Albania and other countries. On January 22, 2013, Epoka University and Yunus Social Business GmbH of the Nobel Prize winner Muhammad Yunus signed the MoU aiming at providing new opportunities to disadvantaged individuals and communities.
Epoka University has two faculties, the Faculty of Architecture and Engineering and the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, eight academic departments, and two research centers:
- Banking and Finance
- Business and Management|Administration
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Business Informatics
- Political Science and International Relations
- Center of European Studies
- Earthquake and Construction Technologies Research Center
The language of instruction at Epoka University is English. The study programs are compatible with the Bologna system. The Rinas campus is located 12 km (30 minutes) from the city center, near the Tirana International Airport.
- List of universities in Albania
- List of colleges and universities
- List of colleges and universities by country
- Albanian Agency for Accreditation of Higher Education
- Article 5 of the Statute, http://www.epoka.edu.al/?lang=EN&pid=2&catid=1&menuid=404
- Kerem Öktem, 2012, "Global Diyanet and Multiple Networks: Turkey's New Presence in the Balkans", Journal of Muslims in Europe, 1/1, pp. 27-58
- Kerem Öktem, "New Islamic actors after the Wahhabi intermezzo: Turkey’s return to the Muslim Balkans", European Studies Centre, University of Oxford, December 2010
- Ky Krauthamer, "In Albania, Madrasas Even the Secular Love", Transitions Online, 19 October 2012
- Turgut Özal Education Company official website
- Nënshkruhet Memorandumi i Mirëkuptimit mes Universitetit Epoka dhe Universitetit "Aleksandër Moisiu", Epoka University (in Albanian)
- Epoka University and Yunus Social Business GmbH signed Memorandum of Understanding
- Webometrics Ranking of World Universities for Albania, http://www.webometrics.info/en/Europe/Albania?page=0