The Equality Texas logo
|Chuck Smith, executive director|
Equality Texas comprises Equality Texas Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation engaged in research and public education on LGBT issues, and Equality Texas, a 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation engaged in statewide political LGBT advocacy.
Equality Texas programs currently active include:
- Safe Schools Initiative
- A public policy campaign advocating for changes in the Texas Education Code dealing with bullying and harassment.
- Equality Project
- A public education program on LGBT policy issues and their effect on Texas citizens.
- Why Marriage Matters Texas
- A program with Freedom to Marry working to legalize same-sex marriage in Texas. The program was launched in early 2014.
- Pride in Faith
- A public forum for open discussion about the intersection of faith and sexual identity.
- Equality Is Good For Business
- Public education campaign on major employers in Texas that have adopted LGBT-inclusive non-discrimination policies.
- "Equality Texas Lobbies Lawmakers at Capitol". KUT. March 11, 2013. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "The Two Components". Equality Texas. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Programs". Equality Texas. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- Araiza, Omar (January 1, 2014). "Equality Texas Launches New Marriage Equality Project: Why Marriage Matters - Texas". Burnt Orange Report. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- Wright, John (December 31, 2013). "Equality Texas launches marriage project". Lone Star Q. Retrieved July 2, 2014.