|Origin||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|Genres||Folk metal, viking metal, symphonic black metal|
|Labels||Black Attakk (2003–2006)
Nuclear Blast (2006 - present)
|Members||Robert "Robse" Dahn
Tuval "Hati" Refaeli
|Past members||Helge Stang
Equilibrium is a German folk metal band. The band's music combines elements of folk music, black metal and symphonic metal with various other influences. Their riffs reflect traditional Germanic melodies. Their lyrical themes focus on Germanic tales and Germanic mythology. All of their song lyrics are in German.
In February 2010, Equilibrium had to cancel their appearance at the Winterfire Festival in Germany "due to serious restructuring within the band". It was later revealed that vocalist Helge Stang and drummer Manuel DiCamillo had left the band. The following month the band announced that Robse, vocalist in the German pagan metal band Vrankenvorde, had been chosen as their new vocalist.
The band found a new drummer, Hati, who is also the drummer of the brutal death metal band Viscera Trail. The band, full again, released their third album, Rekreatur, via Nuclear Blast, on June 18, 2010.
On June 27, 2013, the band announced their very first EP titled Waldschrein, which contains this new single along with its acoustic version, a remake of the song Der Sturm and an old, previously unreleased song titled Zwergenhammer, as well as their own cover of the main theme for the game Skyrim, composed by Jeremy Soule, titled Himmelsrand. The EP will be released on August 16, 2013. The song Waldschrein is part of the next album of the band, which will be released in 2014.
- Robert "Robse" Dahn - vocals (2010–present)
- René Berthiaume − guitar (2001–present), keyboards (2006–present)
- Andreas Völkl − guitar (2001–present)
- Sandra Van Eldik − bass guitar (2001–present)
- Tuval "Hati" Refaeli - drums (2010–present)
- Helge Stang − vocals (2001–2010)
- Manuel DiCamillo − drums (2006–2010)
- Markus Perschke − drums (2005–2006)
- Basti Kriegl − drums (2005)
- Julius Koblitzek − drums (2003–2004)
- Henning Stein − drums (2001–2003)
- Armin Dörfler − keyboards (2005–2006)
- Conny Kaiser − keyboards (2002–2003)
- Michael Heidenreich − keyboards (2001–2002)
Singles & EPs
- Die Affeninsel (2010) - Nuclear Blast
- Waldschrein (2013) - Nuclear Blast
- Demo 2003 (2003)
- "Allmusic.com: Sagas".
- "Sputnikmusic.com: Sagas".
- "Equilibrium - Sagas (album review)". Sputnikmusic. 2008-07-20. Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- "Equilibrium – Rekreatur review". Sputnik Music. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Equilibrium at MusicMight
- "Equilibrium parts ways with vocalist, drummer". Blabbermouth. February 11, 2010. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- "Equilibrium announces new singer". Blabbermouth. March 2, 2010. Retrieved March 2, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Equilibrium (band).|
|This article about a German band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|