|Origin||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|Genres||Folk metal, viking metal, symphonic black metal|
|Labels||Black Attakk (2003–2006)
Nuclear Blast (2006 - present)
|Members||Robert "Robse" Dahn
Tuval "Hati" Refaeli
Dom R. Crey
|Past members||Andreas Völkl
Equilibrium is a German folk metal band. The band's music combines elements of folk music, black metal and symphonic metal with various other influences. Their riffs reflect traditional Germanic melodies. Their lyrical themes focus on Germanic tales and Germanic mythology. All of their song lyrics are in German, except for the song "The Unknown Episode" from their fourth album Erdentempel.
In February 2010, Equilibrium had to cancel their appearance at the Winterfire Festival in Germany "due to serious restructuring within the band". It was later revealed that vocalist Helge Stang and drummer Manuel DiCamillo had left the band. The following month the band announced that Robse, vocalist in the German pagan metal band Vrankenvorde, had been chosen as their new vocalist.
In the same year, Israeli drummer Tuval "Hati" Refaeli, who is also the drummer of the brutal death metal band Viscera Trail has joined the band. The band, full again, released their third album, Rekreatur, via Nuclear Blast, on June 18, 2010.
On June 27, 2013, the band announced their very first EP titled Waldschrein, which contains this new single along with its acoustic version, a remake of the song Der Sturm and an old, previously unreleased song titled Zwergenhammer, as well as their own cover of the main theme for the game Skyrim, composed by Jeremy Soule, titled Himmelsrand. The EP was released on August 16, 2013.
The song "Waldschrein" is part of the next album of the band, Erdentempel, which will be released in June 2014. However, the album contains a completely re-recorded version of the song. Two days after the announcement of the album, founding members and siblings Andreas Völkl and Sandra Van Eldik decided to leave the band for unspecified reasons.
On May 20, 2014, it was announced that Dom R. Crey (guitarist of Wolfchant and frontman of Nothgard) would be joining the band as new guitarist, replacing Andreas Völkl. On June 7, 2014, one day after Erdentempel's release, it was announced that Jen Majura (bassist of Knorkator) would be joining the band as new bassist, replacing Sandra Van Eldik. With her addition to the band, Equilibrium is complete once again. The band promoted the release of their new album with a European tour, supported by Trollfest and Dom's other band Nothgard.
- Robert "Robse" Dahn - vocals (2010–present)
- René Berthiaume − guitar (2001–present), keyboards (2006–present), clean vocals (2014–present)
- Tuval "Hati" Refaeli - drums (2010–present)
- Dom R. Crey - guitar (2014-present)
- Jen Majura - bass (2014-present)
- Andreas Völkl − guitar (2001–2014)
- Sandra Van Eldik − bass (2001–2014)
- Helge Stang − vocals (2001–2010)
- Manuel DiCamillo − drums (2006–2010)
- Markus Perschke − drums (2005–2006)
- Basti Kriegl − drums (2005)
- Julius Koblitzek − drums (2003–2004)
- Henning Stein − drums (2001–2003)
- Armin Dörfler − keyboards (2005–2006)
- Conny Kaiser − keyboards (2002–2003)
- Michael Heidenreich − keyboards (2001–2002)
- Turis Fratyr (2005) – Black Attakk
- Sagas (2008) – Nuclear Blast
- Rekreatur (2010) - Nuclear Blast
- Erdentempel (2014) - Nuclear Blast
- Die Affeninsel (2010) - Nuclear Blast
- Karawane (2014) - Nuclear Blast
- Waldschrein (2013) - Nuclear Blast
- Demo 2003 (2003)
- "Allmusic.com: Sagas".
- Equilibrium at MusicMight
- "Equilibrium parts ways with vocalist, drummer". Blabbermouth. February 11, 2010. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- "Equilibrium announces new singer". Blabbermouth. March 2, 2010. Retrieved March 2, 2010.
- "Erdentempel announcement". Equilibrioum's official fanpage (in German and English). Facebook. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Sandra and Andi's statements". Equilibrioum's official fanpage (in German and English). Facebook. 30 March 2014. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Equilibrium (band).|