From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up equity in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Equity may refer to:
Finance, accounting and ownership 
- Equity (finance), the value of an ownership interest in property, including shareholders' equity in a business
- Stock, the generic term for common equity securities is called stocks
- Home equity, the difference between the market value and unpaid mortgage balance on a home
- Private equity, stock in a privately held company
- Equity in income of affiliates,an accounting term referring to the consolidated or unconsolidated ownership in affiliate companies
- Equity (legal concept), a branch of jurisprudence in common law jurisdictions
- Equity (economics), the study of fairness in economics
- Educational equity, the study and achievement of fairness in education
- Intergenerational equity, equality and fairness in relationships between people in different generations (including those yet to be born).
- Equity theory, on the relations and perceptions of fairness in distributions of resources within social and professional situations.
- Employment equity (Canada), policy requiring or encouraging preferential treatment in employment practices for certain designated groups
- Health equity, fairness and justice in health and healthcare
Companies and organizations 
The word equity is also used in the names of the following companies and organizations:
- Equity Bank Group, a financial services provider in East Africa, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Bank (Uganda), a subsidiary of the Equity Bank Group
- Equity Industries, an electronics subsidiary of Chiaphua Components Group
- Equity Music Group, a country music record label
- Equity Office Properties Trust, one of the largest owners and managers of office buildings in the United States
- Actors' Equity Association, Labor union of actors and stage managers in the United States.
- Canadian Actors' Equity Association, an association in Canada
- Forum Party of Alberta, a defunct political party from Alberta, Canada also known as the Equity Party.
- Equity (trade union) (formerly British Actors' Equity Association), an association in the United Kingdom
- Transportation Equity Network, a grassroots organization advocating equity-based transportation policies in the United States
- In poker strategy, a player's expected share of the pot
- Brand equity, in marketing, the value built up in a brand
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.