|— Comune —|
|Comune di Eraclea|
|Frazioni||Brian, Ca' Turcata, Eracleamare, Ponte Crepaldo, Stretti, Torre di Fine, Valcasoni|
|• Mayor||Graziano Teso|
|• Total||99 km2 (38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Population (February 28, 2007)|
|• Density||130/km2 ( 330/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Santa Maria Assunta|
|Saint day||15 August|
Eraclea is a town and comune in the province of Venice, Veneto, Italy. SP42 goes through it. Eraclea Mare is the Lido of Eraclea. It is located on the Adriatic Sea near the coast between the rivers Piave and Livenza and between two famous tourist towns: Caorle and Jesolo.
Eraclea Mare, one of the destinations of summer tourism on the Adriatic riviera, is together with Jesolo and Caorle one of the best known seaside resorts on the Venetian coast. A steady growth of foreign tourists, especially from Germany, has been recently recorded.
On 7 May 2009 Eraclea Mare was awarded the "3 Sails" by the environmental NGO Legambiente. The city has been awarded the "Blue Flag" from the Foundation for Environmental Education every year from 2007-2009 for the cleanliness of its beaches and seawater.
Main sights 
Eraclea Mare is known for its pinewood and the "Lagoon of the Dead" (Venetian language: Laguna del Mort). The Lagoon, an unusual natural formation, was caused by the overflowing of the Piave river in 1935, whose bed was modified in its last stretch after a large flood. The Lagoon stretches between the Eraclea's Lido and the mouth of the Piave river and it is a sea-lagoon, being supplied with water only by the flood-tides. Still uncontaminated, the Mort is characterized by shallow and calm waters with a sandy and muddy seabed, rich in phytoplankton.
The city's economy is mostly based on agriculture and tourism, because of its 6 km-long beach (Eracleamare).
San Donà di Piave, 10 km away, has Trenitalia trains to Venice and Trieste. There is a train line that runs up and down the coast from Venice to Trieste in the east, via any number of smaller resort towns. Venice Airport and Treviso Airport are 25 and 39 km. away to the west and north of the city. Treviso Airport specializes in low cost airlines, which is around 55 km from Eraclea Mare.
If you comes by car: From Venice, you can Take the A4 / E55 east from Venezia to Noventa di Piave for approximately 35 km. Take the SP 54 near San Donà di Piave and follow the signs to Eraclea for another 20 km or so. Local roads are relatively well maintained and signposted. From Trieste, you can take the A4 / E70 west from Trieste to Cessalto for approximately 120 km. Take the SP Ceggia - Torre di Mosto Eraclea near Cessalto and follow the signs to Eraclea for another 18 km or so.
Notable people 
- Paolo Lucio Anafesto, (697-717), first Doge of Venice
- Marcello Tegalliano, second Doge of Venice (717–726)
- Orso Ipato, (726-737), third Doge of Venice
- Angelo Participazio, (811-827), 10° Doge of Venice
- Saint Floriano bishop of Oderzo with sede in Eraclea (...-620?)
- Saint Tiziano bishop of Oderzo with sede in Eraclea (620?-16 January 632?)
- Saint Magno, first bishop of Eraclea (632?-638?)
- Angelo Correr, bishop of Eraclea (1406-1410) (Pope Gregorio XII)
- Giovanni Contarini bishop of Eraclea (1427)
Titular see 
The town was once a Catholic diocese under the name of Heraclea. It was suppressed and is now a titular see.
Titular bishops 
- Mario De Santis (8 April 1967 Appointed - 14 December 1974)
- Emilio Lorenzo Stehle (16 July 1983 Appointed - 5 January 1987)
- Józef Kowalczyk (26 August 1989 Appointed - 8 May 2010)
- Enrico dal Covolo, S.D.B. (15 September 2010 - )
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Eraclea|
External resources 
- EracleaTravel InfoTourist Information about Eracleamare.
- Eraclea's Tourism Portal You can find helpful information about accommodation, Hotels, excursions, etc. in Eraclea.
- Eracleamare's Portal Non-profit portal with some information and utilities about Eraclea Mare.
- (Google Maps)
- Eracleamare in Flickr
- Eracleamare's Blog Blog with some Touristic information and utilities.
- Webcam live service on Eraclea's beach Free provided by Eracleamare.net