|South Park episode|
Jimmy, all set for his date.
|Episode no.||Season 9
|Written by||Trey Parker|
|Original air date||April 20, 2005|
|South Park (season 9)
List of South Park episodes
"Erection Day" is the seventh episode and mid-season finale of the ninth season of the animated television series South Park, and the 132nd episode overall. It first aired on Comedy Central in the United States on April 20, 2005. In the episode, South Park Elementary's talent show is coming up and everyone expects Jimmy to win. Jimmy is elated to perform his stand-up comedy routines, but begins to suffer from unwanted erections and tries to find some way of getting over it.
Jimmy faces a dilemma because he begins to experience frequent erections when he is the focus of attention. This makes him afraid to perform his stand-up comedy routine at the South Park Elementary Talent Show for fear that he would be embarrassed in front of the entire school. He consults Butters, the only kid in town whom he expects would be unlikely to make fun of him. Butters explains to him about sexual intercourse; Jimmy concludes that if he does not want to get an erection during his performance, he should have intercourse before he goes up. He attempts to arrange a date with a girl from school, with Cartman's help. Jimmy ruins his date when he tell his date that he wants to have intercourse with her. When this ultimately fails, he goes to the red-light district of town based on a suggestion from Officer Barbrady, looking for sex.
While the talent show begins at the school, Jimmy picks up an obese, STD-ridden prostitute named Nut-Gobbler. The naïve Jimmy attempts to woo her by taking her to the same Italian restaurant he had taken his date to earlier; but her pimp comes in and, thinking she is betraying him, grabs her and goes off to kill her. Jimmy summons a taxi, and a car chase ensues. In the end, Jimmy manages to distract the pimp with his comedy routine, while Nut-Gobbler subdues him with a club to the back of the head. Jimmy then picks Nut-Gobbler up and carries her, with prostitutes on each side applauding, into a building on which the sign reads Ho-Tel. Jimmy arrives at the talent show and hurries onstage at the last minute. He begins his routine, but then suddenly gets another erection; he exclaims disdainfully, "You've gotta be kidding me!"
- The scene where Jimmy is carrying Nut-Gobbler is a parody of the closing scene from the 1982 film An Officer and a Gentleman.
- Cartman, in character as Tony Montana, performs Al Pacino's "say goodnight to the bad guy" rant from the 1983 film Scarface.
- The episode contains a parody of the 1996 HBO documentary Hookers at the Point; Nut Gobbler's appearance is based on that of Cindy, one of the film's subjects.
- "FAQ April 2011". South Park Studios. 2011-04-04.
- Erection Day Full episode at South Park Studios
- Erection Day Episode guide at South Park Studios
- Erection Day South Park Wiki