||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2011)|
|Title(s)||The Trickster, the Chameleon, the Green Changeling, the Evershifting Shapechanger, the Fey Jester, and the Jack of the Seelie Court|
|Home plane||Olympian Glades of Arborea|
|Portfolio||Mischief, Change, Rogues, Changelings|
|Domains||Chaos, Elf, Luck, Trickery|
In the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game, Erevan Ilesere is the elven deity of Mischief, Change, Rogues and Changelings. Erevan is a fickle, utterly unpredictable god who can change his appearance at will. His symbol is a nova star with asymmetrical rays.
Erevan Ilesere was first detailed in Roger E. Moore's article "The Elven Point of View," in Dragon #60 (TSR, 1982). In Dragon #92 (December 1984), Gary Gygax indicated this as one of the deities legal for the Greyhawk setting. He also appeared in the original Unearthed Arcana (1985).
Erevan Ilesere was detailed in the book Monster Mythology (1992), including details about his priesthood. His role in the cosmology of the Planescape campaign setting was described in On Hallowed Ground (1996). He received a very detailed description for his role in the Forgotten Realms in Demihuman Deities (1998). He is described as one of the good deities that celestials can serve in the supplement Warriors of Heaven (1999).
While Erevan Ilesere is generally depicted as male and elven, he is able to change his appearance at will, leading all other details to vary wildly. Even his height can vary between one inch and six feet, but he does invariably wear an item of green clothing.
In many campaign settings, the elven pantheon of gods (also known as the Seldarine) consists of the leader Corellon Larethian, as well as Aerdrie Faenya, Deep Sashelas, Erevan Ilesere, Fenmarel Mestarine, Hanali Celanil, Labelas Enoreth, Rillifane Rallathil, Sehanine Moonbow, and Solonor Thelandira. Other elven gods may be present in different campaign settings.
Some humorous tales say that Erevan changed form and sex in order to conceive and bear the unicorn god Eachthighern with the ki-rin god Koriel. Erevan is a close ally of the Seelie Court and a regular accomplice of the dwarven god Dugmaren Brightmantle.
The draconic deity Hlal is a boon companion of Erevan Ilesere. Hlal is often known as Avachel to the elves.
Erevan lives in the realm of Arvandor on the plane of Arborea in a shifting, trap-filled palace made from wood, stone, and crystal near one of Yggdrasil's roots.
Erevan's clerics dress in black leather armor with leather caps, and never worship him in the same place twice.
Holy days and rituals
Erevan's holy days are on the eclipses, and his faithful sacrifice stolen treasures to him whenever they feel it is appropriate.
- Moore, Roger; Moore, Georgia (April 1982), The Gods of the Elves (60), Dragon, p. 11
- Moore, Roger E. "The Elven Point of View." Dragon #60 (TSR, April 1982)
- Gygax, Gary (December 1984). "From the Sorcerer's Scroll: Clerics live by other rules". Dragon (Lake Geneva WI: TSR) (92): 22.]
- Gygax, Gary. Unearthed Arcana (TSR, 1985)
- Sargent, Carl. Monster Mythology (TSR, 1992)
- McComb, Colin. On Hallowed Ground (TSR, 1996)
- Boyd, Eric L. Demihuman Deities (TSR, 1998)
- Perkins, Christopher. Warriors of Heaven (TSR, 1999)
- Boyd, Eric L, and Erik Mona. Faiths and Pantheons (Wizards of the Coast, 2002).
- Conforti, Steven, ed. Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities for Use in the Campaign, version 2.0. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2005. Available online: 
- Living Greyhawk Journal no. 3 - "Gods of Oerth"