Entrance hall of station building
|Platforms in use||10|
|Construction and location|
|Style of architecture||Historicism (old parts),
modern glass architecture (new parts)
|Architect||Gössler Kinz Kreienbaum Architekten BDA
|List of railway stations in Thuringia|
Erfurt Hauptbahnhof or Erfurt Central Station is the central railway station at Erfurt in Germany. It is an important junction on the German rail network, served by numerous local and long-distance rail services. Immediately north of the station is Erfurt's city centre. The station was used by approximately 12.5 million passengers in 2006, an average of about 34,000 per day. The station lies on the Thüringer Bahn, which connects Halle to Bebra.
In order for future ICE services between Munich and Berlin to connect with the ICE services between Frankfurt/Main and Dresden changes are being made to the station's tracks and platforms, the station's building are being redeveloped and a new platform bridge is being constructed. The building of the third Erfurt Hauptbahnhof began in 2002 and was originally intended to be completed in 2007. Three island platforms and nine rail tracks as well as four dock platforms are planned. The double-span roof consists of a 20 metre-wide side span and a 65 metre-wide main span with a length of 157 metres and a maximum height of 25 metres. It will cost approximately € 260 million. The new station is being built by DB-Projekts as part of the new high speed line between Berlin and München via the Nuremberg-Erfurt high-speed line and Erfurt–Leipzig/Halle high-speed lines.
The station is served by the following services:
- intercity-express service (ICE 50) Wiesbaden/Saarbrücken - Frankfurt (Main) - Erfurt - Leipzig - Dresden
- intercity-express service (ICE 50) Düsseldorf - Dortmund - Kassel - Erfurt - Leipzig - Dresden
- intercity service (IC 50) Frankfurt (Main) - Erfurt - Halle - Berlin - Eberswalde - Stralsund - Binz
- regional express (RE 1) Göttingen - Erfurt - Jena - Gera - Zwickau
|RE||DB Regional Express||Göttingen - Leinefelde - Mühlhausen - Gotha - Neudietendorf - Erfurt Hbf - Weimar - Jena West - Gera Hbf - Altenburg||Every 2 hours|
|RE7 Mainfranken-Thüringen-Express||DB Regional Express||Erfurt Hbf - Neudietendorf - Arnstadt Hbf - Suhl - Bad Neustadt - Schweinfurt Hbf - Würzburg Hbf||Class 612||Every 2 hours|
|RB20||DB||Eisenach - Gotha - Neudietendorf - Erfurt Hbf - Weimar - Apolda - Naumburg (Saale) Hbf - Großkorbetha - Leuna Werke Süd - Leuna Werke Nord - Halle (Saale) Hbf||Class 143||1x per hour|
|RB23||Erfurter Bahn||Erfurt Hbf - Neudietendorf - Arnstadt Hbf - Stadtilm - Rottenbach - Bad Blankenburg - Saalfeld (Saale)||Every 2 hours|
|RB (STB4)||Süd-Thüringer-Bahn||Erfurt Hbf - Neudietendorf - Arnstadt Hbf - Plaue (Thür) - Oberhof (Thür) - Zella-Mehlis - Suhl - Grimmenthal - Meiningen||Class 450||Every 2 hours|
|RB (EB3)||Erfurter Bahn||Erfurt Hbf - Neudietendorf - Arnstadt Hbf - Plaue (Thür) - Geraberg - Ilmenau||Class 450||1x per hour|
|Preceding station||Deutsche Bahn||Following station|
towards Dresden Hbf
towards Düsseldorf Hbf
towards Dresden Hbf
towards Frankfurt Airport
toward Würzburg Hbf
toward Halle (Saale) Hbf
- ThüringenCard on the website of Thuringia Tourism. Retrieved 28 Feb 2014.
- Traveling to Erfurt at the University of Erfurt website. Retrieved 28 Feb 2014.
- Erfurt Central Station at the International Database for Civil and Structural Engineering. Retrieved 28 Feb 2014.
- DB Eisenbahnatlas Deutschland 2010/11, Schweer + Wall, Eupen, 2009, p. 132. ISBN 978-3-89494-139-0.
- Homepage of Hauptbahnhof Erfurt (German)
- pdf: Transport situation of the station (German)
- Photographs of the stations
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Erfurt Hauptbahnhof.|