Ataman at Press Conference
|Galatasaray Liv Hospital|
January 7, 1966 |
|2007–2008||Beşiktaş Cola Turka|
|2012–present||Galatasaray Liv Hospital|
|Career highlights and awards|
Halil Ergin Ataman (born January 7, 1966) is a Turkish basketball coach. He is current head coach of the Turkish Basketball League team Galatasaray Liv Hospital. During his playing career which he had begun in 1978, he played at Eczacıbaşı and Yeşilyurt basketball teams.
Ataman had begun his managerial career in Eczacıbaşı Youth Team. Secondly, he was dutied in Efes Pilsen Youth Team. Then, he coached the TBL teams Türk Telekom, Pınar Karşıyaka and Efes Pilsen respectively. He was the assistant coach of Turkish national team aslongside Ercüment Sunter in EuroBasket 1997 in Spain. Turkey had the 8th place in that tournament. He had spent some time at Stanford University in the United States for making observations about basketball whilst 1998-99 season.
After his returning to Europe, he coached Italian side Montepaschi Siena and achieved the very last Saporta Cup in 2002. Subsequently, he joined Ülkerspor (now Fenerbahçe Ülker); however, he had to quit his job due to his private life to be highlighted by the press. On his declaration, he stated that resigned for the favours of the club. At the same season, he went again to Italy and work there. He signed for Climamio Bologna and coached this time until he dealt with Beşiktaş in the opening phase of 2007-08 season.
Beşiktaş Cola Turka
Ataman had a successful season with Beşiktaş which the team achieved Uleb Cup Quarter Finals held in Turin, Italy; after a stunning undefeated 10 in-a-row win performance in group B. This was the very first time that two Turkish teams played against each other. Beşiktaş lost against Galatasaray Cafe Crown and eliminated in quarters. In the league, team finalized the regular season on top place and been a part of Play-offs. After the elimination of Beşiktaş Cola Turka in the quarters, the declaration was released that Ergin Ataman no more coaching Beşiktaş Cola Turka.
A week later, he signed a two-years contract with Efes Pilsen, where he had worked from 1999 to 2001. Ataman have reached the major achievements in 2008-09 season with winning Turkish League, Turkish Cup, and Turkish President's Cup championships. On June 4, 2010, he left the Efes Pilsen.
Return the Beşiktaş
He signed a two-years contract with Beşiktaş in the January 2011. In the 2010-11 season, he didn't win the cups with Beşiktaş. And next season, he won the Turkish Cup in February 2012. Subsequently, he won the Eurochallenge Cup victory against Elan Chalon in the final on April 29, 2012. And finally, he won the Turkish League championship victory against Anadolu Efes in the playoff finals on June 11, 2012.
Galatasaray Liv Hospital
- Türk Telekom
- Turkish President's Cup: 1 (1997)
- Efes Pilsen
- Beşiktaş Milangaz
- "Ergin Ataman istifa etti". sporx.com. 2006-03-27. Retrieved 2008-05-09.(Turkish)
- "Ergin Ataman istifa etti". sabah.com.tr. 2006-03-28. Retrieved 2008-05-09.[dead link](Turkish)
- "Ergin Ataman Bologna'da". ntvmsnbc.com. 2006-11-17. Retrieved 2008-05-09.(Turkish)
- "Şampiyonluk Yaşamaya Geldim". turkishny.com. 02-12-2006. Retrieved 2008-05-09. [dead link](Turkish)
- "Ergin Ataman Beşiktaş'ta". haber3.com. 11-06-2007. Retrieved 2008-05-09. [dead link](Turkish)
- "Beşiktaş Cola Turka Ergin Ataman'la Anlaştı". tbl.org.tr. 2007-06-13. Retrieved 2008-05-09.(Turkish)
- "Beşiktaş Cola Turka ULEB Cup`da Yenilgisiz Tek Takım (77-76)". haber34.com. 09-01-2008. Retrieved 2008-05-09. (Turkish)
- "Beşiktaş Cola Turka: 60 Galatasaray Cafe Crown: 61". hurriyet.com.tr. 10-04-2008. Retrieved 2008-05-09. (Turkish)
- "Lider işi Uzattı". hurriyet.com.tr. 2008-04-28. Retrieved 2008-05-09.(Turkish)
- "Beşiktaş'ta Ataman dönemi bitti". ntvspor.net. 2008-05-27. Retrieved 2008-05-28.(Turkish)
- "Ergin Ataman resmen Efes'te". ntvspor.net. 2008-05-29. Retrieved 2008-05-30.(Turkish)
- Ergin Ataman left the Efes Pilsen (Turkish)
- Ergin Ataman signed with Beşiktaş (Turkish)
- Beşiktaş Milangaz won the Turkish Cup (Turkish)
- Beşiktaş Milangaz win Eurochallenge 2012
- Beşiktaş Milangaz won the Turkish League (Turkish)
- Galatasaray announced Ergin Ataman
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ergin Ataman.|