|This article is outdated. (December 2011)|
Eric Bachmann is an American musician/producer. He is the lead singer of Crooked Fingers and Archers of Loaf. He grew up in North Carolina and Florida, but lives in Athens, Georgia. He made two atmospheric instrumental albums as Barry Black. His first solo effort, Short Careers was recorded as a score to the film Ball of Wax.
Saddle Creek Records released his most recent solo album, To the Races, August 22, 2006. The album, which was written while living out of his van outside Seattle the previous year, features contributions from Miranda Brown (backing vocals) and DeVotchKa violinist Tom Hagerman.
- Icky Mettle (1993) Archers of Loaf
- Vs the Greatest of All Time (1994) Archers of Loaf
- Vee Vee (1995) Archers of Loaf
- Barry Black (1995), Alias Records – Under the pseudonym Barry Black, featuring appearances from Ben Folds. Produced by Caleb Southern.
- Speed of Cattle (!996) Archers of Loaf
- All the Nations Airports (1996) Archers of Loaf
- Tragic Animal Stories (1997), Alias Records – As Barry Black.
- White Trash Heroes (1997) Archers of Loaf
- Crooked Fingers (1999) Crooked Fingers Warm Electronic Recordings
- Bring on the Snakes (2001) Crooked Fingers Warm Electronic Recordings
- Short Careers (2002), Merge Records
- Reservoir Songs Vol. 1 (2002) Crooked Fingers Merge Records
- Red Devil Dawn (2003) Crooked Fingers Merge Records
- Dignity and Shame (2005) Crooked Fingers Merge Records
- To the Races (2006), Saddle Creek Records
- Forfeit/Fortune (2008) Red Pig/Constant Artists Records
- Breaks in the Armor (2011), Merge Records
- Reservoir Songs Vol. 2 (2012) Crooked Fingers Foreign Leisure Records 
- Azure Ray – Hold On Love (2003), Saddle Creek
- Azure Ray – Burn and Shiver (2002), Warm Electronic Recordings
- Azure Ray – Azure Ray (2000), Warm Electronic Recordings
- Micah P. Hinson – Micah P. Hinson and the Opera Circuit (2007), Jade Tree
- Liz Durrett – Outside Our Gates (2008), Warm Electronic Recordings
- Spoon – Gimme Fiction (2005), Merge
- David Dondero – South of the South (2005), Team Love
- Damien Jurado – On My Way to Absence (2005), Secretly Canadian
- Laura Minor – Let Evening Come (2004)
- Aversion.com: One is the Loneliest Number, By Matt Schild, accessed 13 October 2006
- "Barry Black - Barry Black: Credits". Allmusic. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Tragic Animal Stories - Barry Black". Allmusic. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Spano, Charles. "Short Careers - Eric Bachmann". Allmusic. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Outside Our Gates - Liz Durrett: Credits". Allmusic. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Laura Minor". K Composite Magazine. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Eric Bachmann's official website
- Crooked Fingers official website
- Saddle Creek Records
- Interview with Eric Bachmann at Crawdaddy!