Eric Corey Freed
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2013)|
|Eric Corey Freed|
|Residence||San Francisco, California|
|Occupation||Architect, Writer, Public Speaker|
Based in San Francisco, Freed is credited with helping to establish the Sustainable Design curricula at both Academy of Art University and University of California, Berkeley Extension Program.
Freed is a practitioner in the tradition of organic architecture, first developed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The Founding Chair of Architecture for The San Francisco Design Museum, he was voted "Best Green Architect" by San Francisco Magazine in 2005. He is author of "Green Building for Dummies", published by Wiley in August 2007 and regular contributor to Natural Home Magazine, Luxe Magazine, and GreenerBuildings.com.
His firm organicARCHITECT began in 1997.
The firm is noted for various community outreach programs:
- organicAWARDS: an annual award recognizing the designs during the past year that are found to be both innovative and environmentally-friendly.
- Events: Since 2003, organicARCHITECT produces a monthly lecture series with the leaders of green business held at The Commonwealth Club.
- organicEVENTS: their free, monthly organicEVENTS list currently goes to over 8,800 people in the Bay Area, alerting them to all of the green, design and sustainability events around San Francisco.
- Eric Corey Freed, "Green Building & Remodeling for Dummies", John Wiley & Sons, 2007
- Eric Corey Freed (co-author), "Green Your Home for Dummies", John Wiley & Sons, 2008
- Eric Corey Freed, "Sustainable School Architecture" with Lisa Gelfand, John Wiley & Sons, 2009
- Eric Corey Freed with Kevin Daum, "Green$ense for the Home: Rating the Real Payoff from 50 Green Home Projects", Taunton Publishers, 2010
- "5 Questions about our Future", Natural Home Magazine, April 2009
- “Green kitchens”, SFDC Magazine, October 2008
- “Urban Eco-tecture”, Metropolitan Home Magazine, April 2008
- “Green Landscaping”, Luxe Magazine, September 2007
- Eric Corey Freed, “Avoid Greenwashers' False Claims: How Do I Know I'm Buying Green?”, Natural Home Magazine, July 2007
- “Solar Inspiration”, Luxe Magazine, June 2007
- “Why Green Building is Important”, Luxe Magazine, March 2007
- “Last Exit: The Inevitable Architect”, Next American City, January 2007
- Snap Judgments: Book, modernluxury.com
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2012)|
- organicARCHITECT website
- Green, but Still Feeling Guilty New York Times article
- What does Green Business mean to you? Eric Corey Freed Interview on YouTube
- Making Inspiration Matter Panel Panel for the PSFK Conference, July 2008
- Cool Mix: Water Issues Video Interview
- GoGreenRadio Interview Audio Radio Interview
- CurrentTV Interview Interview on CurrentTV
- CurrentTV 2nd Interview Interview on CurrentTV
- "Green Building & Remodeling for Dummies" Promo for book
- "Green Building & Remodeling for Dummies" short Promo for book
- Building Green TV - Green Roofs for PBS Series, BuildingGreen
- Small is Beautiful Radio Show - KALW 91.7FM (NPR), July 2005 RealAudio Stream
- GreenerBuildings (2005). Ask the Expert.
- eco.psfk (10.2005). Freed Interview.
- Dwell (08.2006). Step Lightly.