Eric Fisher (American football)
Fisher during the 2014 NFL season.
|No. 72 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:||January 5, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Rochester, Michigan|
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||315 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Rochester Hills (MI) Stoney Creek|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 1|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Eric William Fisher (born January 5, 1991) is an American football offensive tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Chiefs first overall in the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Central Michigan.
A native of Rochester, Michigan, Fisher attended Stoney Creek High School, where he was an All-State honorable mention lineman. Regarded as a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was not ranked among the best offensive tackle prospects in his class. He was skinny for an offensive tackle during high school only weighing 230 pounds according to Fisher. 
Fisher played at Central Michigan University from 2009 to 2012 where he was recognized as a first-team All-American by Pro Football Weekly, a second-team selection by Sports Illustrated, and received third-team honors from the Associated Press. He was also a first-team All-Mid-American Conference (MAC) selection. Fisher was a part of two bowl wins while at CMU; the 2010 GMAC Bowl and the 2012 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
2013 NFL Draft
Fisher was widely considered one of the top 32 players available in the 2013 NFL Draft and one of the top offensive tackles. He was selected by the Kansas City Chiefs with the first overall pick, becoming the first MAC player to be drafted No. 1 overall. He joins Joe Staley as the only Central Michigan players ever to be selected in the first round of an NFL Draft.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 7¼ in||306 lb||34½ in||10½ in||5.05 s||4.44 s||7.59 s||28½ in||9 ft 8 in||27 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Kansas City Chiefs
On July 26, 2013, Fisher signed a fully guaranteed contract with the Chiefs worth $22.1 million with a $14.5 million signing bonus.
Despite playing at left tackle during college, Fisher transitioned to right tackle the 2013 season. He allowed 7 sacks and 35 hurries. According to analysis by Pro Football Focus, his run-blocking grade of -6.5 ranked 55th out of 76 NFL tackles who played at least 25 percent of their team's snaps. His overall grade as a tackle ranked 70th. Despite Fisher's struggles during his rookie season, Chiefs general manager John Dorsey noted Fisher's potential and expressed confidence that he will develop into a good player. Fisher played in 14 games (13 starts) during his rookie year of 2013.
- CMU left tackle Eric Fisher named first team All-MAC, four other Chippewas honored
- Rang, Rob (December 20, 2012). "Big Board: Linemen rule the board as the big bowl games await". CBSsports.com.
- "Report: Chiefs to take Eric Fisher with first pick of NFL Draft". Sports Illustrated. April 25, 2013. Retrieved April 25, 2013.
- Eric Fisher goes No. 1 to Kansas City Chiefs in NFL draft
- Williamson, Bill (July 23, 2013). "Chiefs sign No. 1 pick Eric Fisher". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 4, 2013.
- Paylor, Terez (January 15, 2014). "Chiefs’ Eric Fisher may be in line for a switch from right tackle to left". The Wichita Eagle. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Ferrin, Reid. "Andy Reid talks Eric Fisher, Alex Smith and More". KCChiefs.com. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- Central Michigan Chippewas bio
- Kansas City Chiefs profile
- ESPN Profile
- Pro Football Reference Profile