Eric “Emmanuel Goldstein” Corley at Chaos Communication Camp 2011
December 16, 1959 |
Suffolk County, New York
|Pen name||Emmanuel Goldstein|
|Occupation||Writer, Editor, Publisher, Talk show host|
|Alma mater||Stony Brook University English|
|Notable work(s)||2600 Magazine, Dear Hacker, The best of 2600: a hacker odyssey|
Eric Gordon Corley (born December 16, 1959), also frequently referred to by his pen name of Emmanuel Goldstein, is a figure in the hacker community. He owns a non-profit organization 2600 Enterprises, Inc., and publishes a magazine called 2600: The Hacker Quarterly. His pseudonym is derived from the fictional opposition leader in George Orwell's dystopian novel Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Corley is the editor of The Best of 2600: A Hacker Odyssey which was released July, 2008. The book consists of articles from the magazine 2600 set in chronological order to show the evolution of the internet and technology. A follow-up book, Dear Hacker. Letters to the Editor of 2600, was published in 2010.
Corley is the host of both the weekly radio programs Off the Hook on WBAI-FM and Off the Wall on WUSB-FB. While Off The Hook often includes a panel of guests and is frequently centered around technological topics, Off the Wall is usually narrated by Eric Corley himself and has covered a wide range of topics. Off the Hook has been on the air since 1988.
- "NYS Corporation". Appext9.dos.state.ny.us. 1984-03-19. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "Off The Hook June 1993". 2600. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "THE BEST OF 2600". 2600.com. 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- Aniela Sobczyk. "Dear Hacker. Letters to the Editor of 2600". Lp.wileypub.com. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- "Off the Wall | WUSB 90.1 FM Stony Brook, NY". Wusb.fm. Retrieved 2012-03-31.
- United States District Court Southern District of New York (2000). Decision in UNIVERSAL CITY STUDIOS, INC, et al. v. SHAWN C. REIMERDES, et al. (PDF from MPAA) p. 12–13
- 2600 Website (2004) Off The Wall. Retrieved June 16, 2005.
- CNN Q&A with Emmanuel Goldstein of 2600 (Internet Archive).
- John Baichtal (August 11, 2008). "GeekDad Interview: Emmanuel Goldstein". Retrieved August 27, 2009.
- The Best of 2600 ISBN 978-0-470-29419-2
- Dear Hacker. Letters to the Editor of 2600 ISBN 978-0-470-62006-9
- 2600 Magazine
- RNC '04 Ordeal
- Emmanuel Goldstein at the Internet Movie Database
- emmangoldstein on Twitter
- Corley: "WikiLeaks is Not One Person, We Are All the Threat" - video interview by Democracy Now!
|This United States biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|