Eric Redman, (born June 3, 1948, Palo Alto, California), is an American author and businessman.
Redman is a former legislative assistant to the late Senator Warren G. Magnuson and served him for two years circa 1971. He wrote the book “The Dance of Legislation”, a descriptive account of a single bill establishing the National Health Service Corps along its two-year trip through Congress. The book was initially published in 1973, with a second edition in 2001. Redman has also written for a variety of other publications such as the New York Times, the Washington Post, Open Spaces, and many other publications, and was once a Contributing Editor of Rolling Stone. His article on the climate effects of soot, "A Dirty Little Secret," appeared in the May–June 2005 issue of Legal Affairs.
Redman studied at Harvard College (1966–1970), was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship and studied at Oxford University (1970–1971), and obtained a law degree from Harvard Law School in 1975. He joined the law firm Heller Ehrman LLP in 1983, and founded the firm’s Energy Practice Group.
Redman left the practice of law after specializing in public policy and energy law for more than 30 years. He is currently President of Summit Power Group Inc, a Seattle-based developer of wind, solar, gas-fired, and carbon-capture power plants. Summit is currently developing the Texas Clean Energy Project in Odessa, Texas.
- "Phillips Academy - Notable Rhodes Scholars". Andover.edu. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- The Dance of Legislation - Google Books. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "William Buckley Reports on a Tour of Duty". New York Times on the Web. 1974-10-06. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "The Spell of the Senate". Washington Post. 1979-05-27. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Empire-Building On the Potomac". The Washington Post. 1980-06-01. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "One's View of Mt. Rainier". Open Spaces Magazine. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Rolling Stone Magazine (Issue no. 192)". 1975-03-13. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "A Dirty Little Secret; Soot: the Carcinogenic, Climate-Changing Grime No One Talks About". Legal Affairs Magazine. 2005-05-01. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Lawyer Eric Redman - Seattle, WA Attorney". Justia Lawyer Directory. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Eric Redman Bio". Heller Ehrman LLP. 2008. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Principals". SummitPower.com. 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-04.
- "Summit Power Group, Inc.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 2010-10-04.