||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2010)|
 Early career
In 2002 he was recruited to work for Hyundai Motor Company in Irvine, California. In 2008, Eric joined Hyundai in Korea.
While at the Chrysler Headquarters and Technology Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Eric worked under Don Renkert to design the Chrysler Crossfire Concept  released at the North American International Auto Show in 2001. Eric went on to become the lead exterior designer of the production model of the Chrysler Crossfire under Andrew Dyson.
In 2002, Eric was recruited as a senior designer to Hyundai Kia Automotive Group in Irvine, California. At Hyundai, under Design Chief Joel Piaskowski, Eric lead the exterior design of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe Concept unveiled at the 2007 LA Auto Show, the Production 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, the HCD-9 Talus Concept, the 2007 Hyundai Elantra and KCD-1 Slice Concept.
Eric Stoddard is the recipient of a Red Dot Design Award in 2009 for a bicycle design concept called the Zoomla and is a finalist for the 2010 Taipei Cycle Show for his bicycle entry named the AutoVelo.
- Keebler, Jack (October 2002). "Chrysler Crossfire - The Penta Star's next concept-to-production story?". Motor Trend (Motor Trend). Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Wyss, Wallace (April 2003). "Not Caught in the Crossfire: How Chrysler didn't water down the Crossfire concept for production.". CarandDriver.com (Car and Driver). Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Patton, Phil (May 2007). "From a Bad Marriage, Pretty Babies". New York Times (The New York Times). Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Lamm, John (October 2008). "2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - New and Future Cars". Road and Track (Road and Track). Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "ALL-NEW HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE" (Press release). Hyundai News. June 2009. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Hyundai reveals rear-drive V8 HCD9 Talus high-set sports coupe". Hyundai.com.au (Press release). Hyundai PR. January 2006. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "KIA KCD-1 SLICE OFFERS A NEW TWIST ON THE CROSSOVER CONCEPT". Kia Media (Press release). Kia Media. January 2003. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Zoomla: Red Dot Design Award Concept 2009". red-dot.sg. Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- Moore, Elizabeth Armstrong. "Copy the car: AutoVelo is no ordinary bike". cnet.com (CNET). Retrieved 4 February 2010.
- "Entries of the 14th IBDC". taipeicycle.com.tw. Retrieved 4 February 2010.