Eric Vishria (born 1979) is a general partner at Benchmark, a venture capital firm based in Silicon Valley. Previously, he was CEO and co-founder of Rockmelt and served as vice president at Yahoo  following Yahoo's acquisition of Rockmelt.
Vishria graduated from Stanford University at age 19 with a B.S. in Mathematical & Computational Science and a minor in Human Biology. He began his career in investment banking at Broadview International and got his first entrepreneurial experience as an early employee at Loudcloud and later Opsware. When Opsware was acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2007 for $1.65 billion, Vishria was serving as VP of Marketing. At HP, Eric was Vice President of the Products, Software, Technology Solutions Group in HP Software.
In October 2008, Vishria left HP to co-found RockMelt with Tim Howes, and launched the RockMelt social browser in November 2010. In 2013, RockMelt was acquired by Yahoo for a reported $60–70 million, where Vishria started working as a Yahoo VP. In 2014, Vishria joined Benchmark as a general partner, the first partner addition in over 6 years.
- The New York Times, Web Browsing Takes a Social Turn http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/08/technology/08browser.html?_r=1
- eWeek, LoudCloud Updates myLoudCloud Portal http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Applications/Loudcloud-Updates-myLoudCloud-Portal
- Enterprise Systems, Opsware Taking the Pain Out of Network Management http://esj.com/articles/2005/03/15/opsware-taking-the-pain-out-of-network-management.aspx
- HP Corporate Biographies, 2008 http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_kits/2008/techforum/bi_vishria.pdf
- Yahoo Paid $60M to $70M for Rockmelt — Will Dump Browser and Use Tech to Better Deliver Its Media and Mobile Properties http://allthingsd.com/20130802/yahoo-paid-60m-to-70m-for-rockmelt-will-dump-browser-and-use-tech-to-better-deliver-its-media-and-mobile-properties/
- Yahoo acquires Rockmelt browser http://www.indiawest.com/news/12792-yahoo-acquires-web-browsing-software-developer-rockmelt.html
- Rockmelt Co-Founder Eric Vishria Joins Benchmark As Its Newest Partner http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/23/eric-vishria-benchmark/
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|