Eric the Midget
|Eric the Midget|
|Born||March 11, 1975|
Eric Shaun Lynch (born March 11, 1975), better known as Eric the Midget, and preferably Eric the Actor, is a member of The Howard Stern Show's Wack Pack. Lynch is 3 ft 0 in (0.91 m) tall, weighs 85 lb (39 kg), and uses a motorized wheelchair, in addition to various other afflictions. Despite his poor health he claims to have outlived every doctor's prediction for his life expectancy.
Eric's height has been cited at between 3 ft 0 in (0.91 m) and 3 ft 5 in (1.04 m), which is within the threshold to be considered to have dwarfism. Because of his short legs and a club foot he uses a wheelchair to get around. Other afflictions include stork bite which gives him a "blotchy" complexion  and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome resulting in gnarled fingers.
The Howard Stern Show
Eric initially called in on September 19, 2002 to discuss American Idol. Lynch had called to respond to Stern's statements that contestant Kelly Clarkson was not overly attractive. Stern initially talked to Lynch with mild enthusiasm, but after an extended discussion regarding Lynch's unique voice and speaking style, Lynch revealed that he was 3 ft 5 in (1.04 m) tall, which piqued Stern's interest. Eric is frequently at odds with The Howard Stern Show, its staff, its callers and its guests.
Eric has made one in-studio appearance on November 3, 2008 alongside two prostitutes from the Bunny Ranch. Also present were Dixie Chicks singer Natalie Maines, wrestler Kurt Angle and American Idol alumna Diana DeGarmo.
Eric prefers to be called Eric the Actor. For legal reasons, Eric has requested that his full official title be "Eric the Actor, formerly known as Eric the Midget," in order to protect the 'Eric the Midget' trade name. Lynch made his television debut in a cameo on American Dreams in 2005. Lynch has also appeared on Fringe in 2010 and In Plain Sight in 2012. Eric was interviewed by Jimmy Kimmel on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2008.
Eric has also participated in a number of podcasting ventures. Lynch has hosted American Idol and America's Got Talent wrap-up shows including an American Idol discussion show on Howard 101 which featured Brian Dunkleman as co-host. Lynch made appearances on TNA Wrestling's web offering TNA Today alongside wrestling personalities Mike Tenay and Jeremy Borash in 2012.
- Geracie, Bud (March 28, 2013). "Howard Stern Show regular gives San Jose Sharks a boost". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- a "...Lynch, a 38-year-old Sacramento man confined to a wheelchair, and a 10-year regular caller to the Stern Show." — ¶ 8.
- Tucker, Ken (2010-08-02). "'Fringe' gets a visit from Howard Stern's Eric... the Actor". Entertainment Weekly.
- From December 8, 2011 Stern interview
- Mercer, Mark (2002-09-20). "Goofing On Rosie O'Donnell And Eric The Midget. 9/19/02. 7:55am". Howard Stern Show News Archives (MarksFriggin.com). Retrieved 2007-04-12.
- Howard Stern.com. Howard Stern.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-29.
- Hot but not bothered – The Howard Stern Show. Howardstern.com (2009-03-26). Retrieved on 2011-10-29.
- The big winner? – The Howard Stern Show. Howardstern.com (2006-06-28). Retrieved on 2011-10-29.
- Popkin, Helen A.S. (2005-12-14). "Howard Stern's cast of characters, from Robin to High Pitch Eric". Today.
- "News from the Eric's". HowardStern.com. 2007-11-09.
- Eric's historic appearance – The Howard Stern Show. Howardstern.com (2008-11-03). Retrieved on 2011-10-29.
- Abramson, Adam. "'Eric the Midget,' Howard Stern, Diana DeGarmo all meet". Newsday.
- "'Stern Show Summary Mar 12 2013". MarksFriggin.com.
- "Eric Lynch". IMDB.
- "Little Man, Huge Pain". HowardStern.com. 2012-30-01.
- "THE PRINCE VISITS THE KING". HowardStern.com. 10 March 2006.
- "TNA Today (Oct 9, 2012): Mike Tenay & Eric The Actor". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. YouTube. 6 October 2012. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Stern Show News - Archive". MarksFriggin.com. Retrieved 2012-11-02.