Erik Bongcam-Rudloff is a Chilean-born Swedish biologist and computer scientist. He received his doctorate in medical sciences from Uppsala University in 1994. As of 2005[update], he is an Associate Professor at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. His main research deals with development of bioinformatics solutions for the Life Sciences community.
He was the chairman of EMBnet, (2003–2010) a science-based group of collaborating bioinformatics nodes throughout Europe, and a number of nodes outside Europe. He is also the director of eBioinformatics.org which created eBiotools, eBioKit, eBioX and eBioKit.
Erik Bongcam-Rudloff is also executive board member of:
- ISCB, The International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB)
- SeqAhead, Chairman of the European COST Action: Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis Network
- ALLBIO, Broadening the Bioinformatics Infrastructure to unicellular, animal, and plant science. ALLBIO is a FP7 project, KBBE.2011.3.6-02: Supporting the development of Bioinformatics Infrastructures for the effective exploitation of genomic data: Beyond health applications.
- EMBRACE, European Model for Bioinformatics Research and Community Education
- EuroKup, European Kidney and Urine Proteomics, an EU COST-action.
- UPPMAX, Uppsala Multidisciplinary Center for Advanced Computational Science. UPPMAX is a Swedish regional center for high performance computing. UPPMAX is part of SweGrid.
- Attwood T.K., Gisel A., Eriksson N-E. and Bongcam-Rudloff E. (2011). "Concepts, Historical Milestones and the Central Place of Bioinformatics in Modern Biology: A European Perspective". Bioinformatics - Trends and Methodologies. InTech. Retrieved 8 Jan 2012.
- Domenica D'Elia1, Andreas Gisel1, Nils-Einar Eriksson, Sophia Kossida, Kimmo Mattila, Lubos Klucar and Erik Bongcam-Rudloff (2009). "The 20th anniversary of EMBnet: 20 years of bioinformatics for the Life Sciences community". BMC Bioinformatics 10: S1. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-10-S6-S1. PMC 2697632. PMID 19534734.
- Henrik Fuxelius, Erik Bongcam-Rudloff, Yasmina Jaufeerally (2010). "The contribution of the eBioKit to Bioinformatics Education in Southern Africa". EMBnet.Journal 16: 29–30.
- Teresa Attwood, Erik Bongcam-Rudloff, Andreas Gisel (2011). "SEQAHEAD - COST Action BM1006: Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis Network". EMBnet.journal 17.1.
- Embrace (2005). "EMBRACE: European Model for Bioinformatics Research and Community Education". EU Genomics News.
- Vlahou, A., Allmaier, G., Attwood, T., Bongcam-Rudloff, E., Charonis, A., Frokiaer, J., Mischak, H., Schanstra, J. and Spasovski, G (2009). "2nd Combined Working Group and Management Committee Meeting of Urine and Kidney Proteomics COST Action 29–30 March 2009, Nafplio, Greece". PROTEOMICS – Clinical Applications 10 (9): 1017–1022. doi:10.1002/prca.200900087.
- SeqAhead: Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis Network
- ALLBIO project
- Bioinformatics tools for the Mac OS X
- BIBE 2008, 8th IEEE International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering
|This article about a Swedish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a biologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a computer specialist of Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|