Erik Bornmann (also spelled Bornman), LL.B, B.Comm. (b. 20 May 1976 in Canada) is a former consultant and founding partner of Pilothouse Public Affairs. He has worked as a communications consultant in provincial and federal elections and as a strategist for the BC Liberal Party and the Liberal Party of Canada.
BC Legislature raids
Bornmann was involved in events in late 2003 surrounding what has become known as the BC Legislature Raids. He is alleged to have illegally paid almost $30,000 to British Columbia government officials for private information. He is a key witness in a trial that pertains to the BC Legislature Raids.
A police raid took place on ministerial offices in the BC Legislature in December 2003 after the RCMP obtained search warrants from the BC Supreme Court, leading to charges against two former government employees, partly due to information provided to police by Bornmann. Later, in 2006, three more were charged.
Dave Basi, aide to former finance minister Gary Collins, and Robert Virk, assistant to former transport minister Judith Reid, face six charges: demanding or accepting benefits including money, meals, travel and employment opportunities in connection with the bidding process for BC Rail, fraud and breach of trust, two counts of fraud of more than $5,000.
- Mickleburgh, Rod (2006-11-18). "A tip of the hat to PM Harper; a fond look back at Molly's Reach". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2007-01-08.
- Cowan, Andrew Thomas (2004-09-29). "Information to Obtain a Search Warrant" (PDF). Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2007-01-08.
- Bornman, Erik (March 2005). "Considering a Career in Public Affairs". jobspublicaffairs.com. Retrieved 2007-01-08.
- "Who's who in the B.C. Raids". CBC News. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "Two former government aides charged". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 2004-12-22. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "'There is nothing to these charges'". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "More warrant information released in B.C. Leg. raid". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "Former B.C. lobbyist Erik Bornmann to seek adjournment at law society hearing". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2007-01-05.[dead link]
- "Aide sold BC Rail data: RCMP allege". The Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "B.C. Raids". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "Basi, Virk warrant information released". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 2006-04-03. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "Probe Throws Light on the Liberal Players". The Georgia Straight. Retrieved 2007-01-05.
|This Canadian biographical article related to crime is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|