Erik Johnson (pitcher)
Chicago White Sox – No. 45
December 30, 1989 |
Mountain View, California
|September 4, 2013 for the Chicago White Sox|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||4.73|
Johnson played college baseball at University of California, Berkeley and was drafted in the 2nd round by the Chicago White Sox during the 2011 MLB Draft. He started his career with the Rookie-Level Great Falls Voyagers in 2011. He only pitched in two games and two innings during the 2011 season. In 2012, Johnson started the season with Class A Kannapolis Intimidators but was later promoted to Class A-Advanced Winston-Salem Dash.
Johnson finished the 2012 season with a combined record of 6-5 during 17 starts, 92 1⁄3 innings, 2.53 ERA, 82 hits, 29 walks and 87 strikeouts. At the start of the 2013 season, Johnson was ranked the White Sox #3 prospect. He started the season at Double-A Birmingham Barons. After going 8-2 in 14 starts, 84 2⁄3 innings, 2.23 ERA, 57 hits, 21 walks and 74 strikeouts, he was promoted to Triple-A Charlotte Knights.
Johnson made his MLB debut with the White Sox on September 4, 2013.
- Lydon, Greg (June 9, 2011). "Former Los Altos High Baseball Star Selected in MLB Draft". Losaltos.patch.com. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- Josh Feldman. "Johnson promoted, Mustain to Kannapolis". Milb.com. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "White Sox 2013 Prospect Watch". Chicago.whitesox.mlb.com. May 24, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "Pitching prospects Erik Johnson, Scott Snodgress looking to impress White Sox". Suntimes.com. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- "Barons' Eric Johnson dominates Suns' batters". Jacksonville.com. May 25, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- Curtright, Guy. "SL notes: Johnson solidifies his stuff". Milb.com. Retrieved March 17, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- California Golden Bears bio
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|