|Born||Érik Gregorio Pérez
November 19, 1989
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9 st 9 lb)|
|Reach||67 in (170 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Years active||2008 - present|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Perez faced John Albert on June 1, 2012 at The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale replacing Byron Bloodworth who was removed from the bout. Perez won the fight via controversial armbar submission as Albert did not appear to verbally submit or tap out but the fight was stopped by referee Kim Winslow.
Perez next faced Ken Stone on August 11, 2012 at UFC 150. He won via first round KO in 17 seconds. With this win, Perez obtained the fastest Bantamweight knockout in UFC and WEC Bantamweight history, beating Damacio Page's 18-second KO over Marcos Galvao.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|19 matches||14 wins||5 losses|
|Win||14–5||Edwin Figueroa||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 167||November 16, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||13–5||Takeya Mizugaki||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann 2||August 28, 2013||3||5:00||Indianapolis, Indiana, United States|
|Win||13–4||Byron Bloodworth||TKO (punches)||UFC 155||December 29, 2012||1||3:50||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||12–4||Ken Stone||KO (punches)||UFC 150||August 11, 2012||1||0:17||Denver, Colorado, United States|
|Win||11–4||John Albert||Verbal Submission (armbar)||The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale||June 1, 2012||1||4:18||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||10–4||Paul McVeigh||Decision (unanimous)||BAMMA 8||December 10, 2011||3||5:00||Nottingham, England|
|Win||9–4||James Brum||Technical Submission (rear naked choke)||BAMMA 7||September 10, 2011||1||3:31||Birmingham, England|
|Win||8–4||Douglas Frey||Decision (unanimous)||Shark Fights 17||July 15, 2011||3||5:00||Frisco, Texas, United States|
|Win||7–4||Jesse Thorton||Submission (rear naked choke)||STFC 15: Nature of the Beast||April 15, 2011||2||2:34||McAllen, Texas, United States|
|Win||6–4||France Atala||Submission (rear naked choke)||Triple A Promotions||March 12, 2011||1||1:53||Laredo, Texas, United States|
|Loss||5–4||Jason Sampson||Decision (split)||STFC: 9/3/10||September 3, 2010||3||5:00||McAllen, Texas, United States|
|Loss||5–3||David Fuentes||Submission (armbar)||STFC 11: Night of Champions||May 28, 2010||3||3:01||McAllen, Texas, United States|
|Win||5–2||Jeremiah Castillo||Submission (armbar)||SCA: Duke City Fall Brawl 2||November 25, 2009||1||2:23||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||4–2||Fabian Jacquez||Submission (rear naked choke)||DCMMAS: Duke City MMA Series 2||July 25, 2009||1||0:55||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Win||3–2||Albert Martinez||TKO (punches)||STFC 6: Evolution||April 11, 2009||1||2:17||Odessa, Texas, United States|
|Win||2–2||Sabino Becerra||Submission (triangle choke)||STFC 4: Fuentes vs. King||November 1, 2008||1||3:29||McAllen, Texas, United States|
|Win||1–2||Josh Scales||TKO (punches)||STFC 3: War Zone||August 2, 2008||1||1:09||McAllen, Texas, United States|
|Loss||0–2||Alfredo Morales||Decision (split)||Warriors Fighting Championship||June 28, 2008||3||3:00||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Loss||0–1||Tim Snyder||Decision (split)||STFC 2: Aftershock||May 3, 2008||3||N/A||Edinburg, Texas, United States|
- "Erik "El Goyito" Perez – The Journey From Monterrey to MMA’s UFC 150". Southwest Fight News. Aug 10, 2012.
- "Newcomer Erik Perez Steps In at TUF Live Finale". MMAWeekly.com. May 15, 2012. Retrieved May 15, 2012.
- "Ken Stone meets Erik Perez in bantamweight bout at UFC 150 in Denver". mmajunkie.com. July 14, 2012.
- Dann Stupp (October 22, 2012). "Erik Perez vs. Byron Bloodworth added to UFC 155 in December". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved October 22, 2012.
- Dann Stupp (March 6, 2013). "Unbeaten 135-pounders Johnny Bedford and Erik Perez meet at UFC 159". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Staff (2013-04-22). "Erik Perez out, Johnny Bedford now meets Bryan Caraway at UFC 159". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-04-22.
- Staff (2013-06-11). "Takeya Mizugaki vs. Erik Perez set for UFC on Fox Sports 1 2 in Indy". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Regresa Erik “Goyito” Pérez a las Artes Marciales Mixtas 26 August 2013
- Tristan Critchfield (2013-09-16). "Erik Perez-Edwin Figueroa Bantamweight Clash Targeted for UFC 167 in Las Vegas". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2013-09-16.