|Born||December 4, 1980|
|Event(s)||20km Race Walk|
Erik Tysse (born 4 December 1980 in Bergen) is a Norwegian race walker. He has competed at four editions of the World Championships in Athletics and represented Norway at the 2008 Summer Olympics and at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
He began his international career at the 1998 World Junior Championships in Athletics, and finishing in 17th place at his first major event – the 2002 European Athletics Championships. He finished ninth in the men's 20 km race at the 2006 IAAF World Race Walking Cup, but set a Norwegian record of 1:20:34 in the process. He was one of the top performers on the circuit in 2007 and finished second in the rankings in the IAAF World Race Walking Challenge that year. Tysse improved upon his past performance, finishing in sixth place at the 2008 IAAF World Race Walking Cup, and he also improved his national mark to 1:19:11.
Repeating his 2008 victory, he won the 2010 Grande Premio Internacional en Marcha Atletica meeting in Rio Maior, beating Yohann Diniz to the finish line. He stated his intent to reach the podium at the upcoming 2010 European Athletics Championships.
|2000||European Race Walking Cup||Eisenhüttenstadt, Germany||36th||20 km||1:26:35|
|2001||European Race Walking Cup||Dudince, Slovakia||41st||20 km||1:28:55|
|2002||European Championships||Munich, Germany||16th||20 km|
|2003||World Championships||Paris, France||19th||20 km|
|2005||World Championships||Helsinki, Finland||13th||20 km|
|2006||World Race Walking Cup||La Coruña, Spain||9th||20 km|
|European Championships||Gothenburg, Sweden||7th||20 km|
|2007||World Championships||Osaka, Japan||8th||20 km|
|5th||50 km||3:51:52 PB|
|2008||Olympic Games||Beijing, PR China||21st||20 km|
|2009||World Championships||Berlin, Germany||7th||20 km|
|2012||Olympic Games||London, Great Britain||14th||20 km|
- "Men's 20km Walk at the 2012 Summer Olympics". www.olympic.org. IOC. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- 20 Kilometres Race Walk - M Final. IAAF (2008-05-10). Retrieved on 2010-04-11.
- Fernandes, António Manuel (2010-04-11). Santos and Tysse take Rio Maior wins – IAAF Race Walking Challenge. IAAF. Retrieved on 2010-04-11.
- Brenne, Øyvind; Geir Arne Kippernes; Lillian Holden (20 July 2010). "Jeg har ikke gjort noe ulovlig". Verdens Gang (in Norwegian). Retrieved 21 July 2010.
http://msn.tv2sporten.no/ovrig/tysse-har-avlagt-positiv-dopingproeve-3252389.html Caught using doping, 3 gen EPO.
- Erik Tysse profile at IAAF
- Profiles of 2007 World Championships athletes - Norwegian Athletics Association (Norwegian)
|This biographical article relating to Norwegian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|