- Not to be confused with actress Erika Anderson.
Erika Andersen (born in Omaha, Nebraska) is an American author and the founding partner of the consulting firm, Proteus. Erika is an international speaker and has been featured in leading business publications including The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Fortune, and Investor's Business Daily.
Literary Works and Media
Andersen is the author of Growing Great Employees: Turning Ordinary People into Extraordinary Performers (Portfolio, 2006), which was a finalist in both the 800CEOREAD Awards and the Axiom Business Book Awards for Best Business Book of 2007 in the HR and Organizational Development category. Growing Great Employees received a review from the Harvard Business Review in 2007. It was also ranked as one of the "99 Best Business Books" recommended for the Personal MBA, and was reviewed on Soundview Executive Book Summaries.
Andersen’s second book was Being Strategic: Plan for Success, Out-think Your Competitors, Stay Ahead of Change (St. Martins, 2009), which was adapted into a public television special which she wrote and hosted, Being Strategic with Erika Andersen. Being Strategic was also reviewed on Soundview Executive Book Summaries. Andersen was invited to summarize the core concepts of the book by Forbes on their Leadership forum.
Andersen is also the author of Leading So People Will Follow (Jossey-Bass, October 2012), which explores the six core leadership attributes that inspire followers to support their leaders. Leading So People Will Follow is an international best seller, ranking #3 in the top U.S. business books in China, and has been listed as one of the top ten business best sellers in India. It was chosen by Amazon as one of the 10 Best Business Books for October 2012, and listed as a best-seller on Jack Covert Selects - 800CEOREAD. It also tied for Gold Medal honors in the leadership category of the 2013 Axiom Business Book Awards.
Erika Andersen is one of the most popular business bloggers at Forbes.com and also blogs at www.erikaandersen.com which has been named one of the top fifty leadership blogs worldwide. She has guest blogged at CNBC and spoken at the Inc 500 Conference. She has been featured in media interviews on CBS News and Industry Week, and in podcasts for broadcasters such as WKXL's Bill Kearny. and podcasters like Moe Abdou of 33Voices. Andersen is also an annual speaker at the Women in Cable Telecommunications workshops and seminars. She has been included in Wikipedia's list of American Women Writers.
In 2014, Andersen was also voted a Top5 speaker in the Management/Business category of Speakers Platform, which recognizes five professionals within ten popular topic areas each year. Many voters praised the nominees for having a profoundly positive impact on their lives; a living testament to the far reach and valuable work of all the nominees.
Andersen is a wife, mother, and grandmother. She lives in New York City and West Park, New York with her husband, Patrick Clancy. Her brother is radio host and television personality, Kurt Andersen and her sister is political analyst and writer, Kristi Andersen.
- Official website (http://www.erikaandersen.com)
- Forbes Blog (http://blogs.forbes.com/erikaandersen/)
- Proteus International, Inc. (http://proteus-international.com)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/proteusintl)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proteus-International/164444656915989?ref=hl)
- LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/proteus-international?trk=top_nav_home)
- Porter, Jane. The Wall Street Journal "New Job, Same Firm: Learning the Ropes".
- Alboher, Marci. The New York Times "Friday’s Links: How to Talk (or Not Talk) About Salary, and Other Interviewing Pointers".
- Elmer, Vickie. Fortune Magazine "Coaching is hot. Is it right for you?".
- Mink, Michael. Investors Business Daily "Effective Leadership Produces Enthusiastic Followers".
- Axiom Awards for Best Business Book of 2007
- Landry, John T. Harvard Business Review of Growing Great Employees.
- Kaufman, Josh. "99 Best Business Books for the Personal MBA"
- Soundview Executive Book Summaries- Growing Great Employees
- Soundview Executive Book Summaries- Being Strategic
- Forbes: "The Basics Of Being Strategic About Change"
- Shanghai Daily Top Five U.S. Business Books
- The Business Standard Top Ten Business Books
- Jack Covert Selects 800CEO Read
- 2013 Axiom Business Book Awards
- CNBC "How Are You Planning For Success?"
- The Early Show/CBS News segment "Strategies for Life"
- Industry Week Erika Andersen Feature
- Kearny, Bill. Concord News Radio
- Women in Cable Television (WICT) "How to Think and Plan Strategically."